Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English-speakers living in Holzminden

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

We're currently living around Munchen, but I might have a job opportunity in Holzminden (with luck). Any TT'ers in this area? I can imagine that the native-anglophone crowd might be a bit sparse... Would like to hear from you...

Thanks in advance.

cheers.

wow--2 weeks and 39 views, one or two of which were mine. Is the region so devoid of anglophones and TTers? Not a good sign for my wife if we move there...

Hello Perfumer (unusual name) any reason for this? I'm living near to Holzminden, Alfeld. I've been to Holzminden a couple of times. Holzminden is in the middle of nowhere. Not a very big place. There are a view TT's in Hildesheim, also nearby to Holzminden, but I've never met any of them. I'm a native NZ living and working here in Germany. Prety much stuck here now in Germany, unfortunately. Allways nice to bump into other native English speakers in this area, let me know if you decide to move...

Bigkiwi

Good to hear that there are at least some TT'ers living in the area. I know it's not exactly a metro area. :blink:

There's a company called Symrise in Holzminden. They are manufacturers of fragrances (and flavours). This should clue you as to my nick.

What's the area like?

PM me if you wish...

cheers.

The area is quite nice, it must be or I probably wouldn't have settled here. Then again I am not really into really big cities, when my family have been out to visit from Auckland NZ I think they have found it a little booring here. I'm fairly well intergrated on the German net so I've found live here quite to my liking.

That is I live in a small town, play football for a german club, have German friends here etc and quite like the quite small town life.

Hannover is not so far when I need a big city or Hildesheim.

I've passed through Holzminden alot on the way to Paderborn, like I said it's not a big place, if you intergrate yourself onto the german scene, you should find it quite pleasant.

Halmeln is also nearby...you have heard of the pide piper! Alfeld has the Seven Hills, where the fairytale snow white comes from. The seven Hills representing seven dwarfs!

I could take some photo's of the place if you like and send them via PM (not this week though as I'm flying to Korea tomorrow for work)

I think Holzminden has even got a media markt, hey what more could you want!

Like i said let me know if your def moving and I'll sort some photos

I registered here just to answer to your request perfumer, seems there are not many english speakers around in Holzminden :-).

I am a native from the area, living 10 kilometres away from Hol so I might be able to answer most of your questions as long as there still are some.

If you still need or want information, please PM me your E-Mail adress or keep the thread going.

I'll send this answer as am PM as well.