U.S. citizen working in Germany for a U.S. company

21 posts in this topic

Old topic, but I wonder if anyone else has run into this.  I work for a large multinational headquartered in the US.  I started with this company in Germany, work under a German contract, have never work for this company in the US. Every year they also issue me a W2 from the US which means I get two tax documents, a Lohnsteuerbescheinigung and a W2.  Can anyone explain why I get a W2?  I've always filed my German and US taxes in the past with just the information from my Lohnsteurbescheinigung when working for previous German-only employers. 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now