GEZ - the TV licence fees agency

787 posts in this topic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/07/does-tv-makes-you-dumber-and-more-populist/593287/

Interesting review in The Atlantic over an article focused on the effects of having access to non state sponsored news in Italy. The longer access the italians had to non government channels (re: Berlusconi) the dumber they became. True fact. (They became increasingly unable to intellectually qualify for the Italian army with more exposure to berlusconi channels).

The powers that be do want to avoid Germany being taken over by a bunch of populist hacks because, well, it didn't work out so well last time. Providing quality news is one way to do that.

2 hours ago, eileenro said:

I had a letter months ago saying I have to pay as I never registered anyway they said I owe them around €600 I gave them my bank details and I have never heard from them again.. Is this normal, will they finally take the money from my account?

Providing your bank details is not enough, you have to provide them with an "Einzugsermächtigung" (direct debit mandate) or transfer the amount due yourself.

Advanced issues found

On 7/28/2019, 8:01:07, Janx Spirit said:

Providing your bank details is not enough, you have to provide them with an "Einzugsermächtigung" (direct debit mandate) or transfer the amount due yourself.

Oh they never said that in their letters, I gave them permission to Direct debit..they also asked how I would like to pay it 
What a strange system, baffled :unsure: 

On 7/28/2019, 8:01:07, Janx Spirit said:

This is the mail I got from them doesn't it say they will deduct it from my account, my german is not that good, it has been way over 3 weeks more like2 months now Tx

Translation.jpg

43 minutes ago, eileenro said:

This is the mail I got from them doesn't it say they will deduct it from my account, my german is not that good, it has been way over 3 weeks more like2 months now Tx

Translation.jpg

Looks like they have a direct debit mandate from you and will automatically deduct the amount due from your bank account. They did offer you the possibility of paying in installments but I fear that ship has already sailed (you had to reply within three weeks).

3 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

Looks like they have a direct debit mandate from you and will automatically deduct the amount due from your bank account. They did offer you the possibility of paying in installments but I fear that ship has already sailed (you had to reply within three weeks).

Yes I didn’t want the installments might as well get it over with..but to this day they have not taken money from my account..I’ve just written to them again asking them what they are doing 🤷‍♀️ I just want them to get on and do it if that’s what they are going to do...I just don’t want to be fined again