The apostrophe abuse thread

973 posts in this topic

On 28.2.2017, 04:11:26, NoBullJim said:

So tell me if I needed a comma somewhere, a capitalization, a pause...please tell me.

43 minutes ago, NoBullJim said:

Should I blink my eyes more for you? :lol:

Whatever floats your boat...

1 minute ago, Wulfrun said:

Whatever floats your boat...

Wow, you sure spent a lot of time searching my posts. Are you obsessed with me? You would be the first. Send me a secret message Wulfyboy. Let me know why you follow me sooooooo closely. It's kinda eerie though...

At least its´ (sic) a crime of passion, lisa!:lol: (To be honest, the misuse of it is, it´s, its etc drives me crazy---good on this slightly mad individual! Mind you, I´m surprised he hasn´t been in trouble with the law for carrying what looks like a dangerous weapon!! ).

9 hours ago, john g. said:

At least its´ (sic) a crime of passion, lisa!:lol: (To be honest, the misuse of it is, it´s, its etc drives me crazy---good on this slightly mad individual! Mind you, I´m surprised he hasn´t been in trouble with the law for carrying what looks like a dangerous weapon!! ).

I thought this passion with the little marker had died with old age. But lucky you, the website is still active. (some of my bookmarks died ahead of me like many of my friends)

http://www.dreaded-apostrophe.com/

22 hours ago, john g. said:

ha!  it's funny that I subconsciously avoided apostrophising (it's a verb now, says me) "it IS"...I think I was afraid of mixing them up.  So much pressure 'round these parts

HAWAI‘I JUDGE BLOCK'S TRUMPS THIRD TRAVEL BAN

I suppose when you live in a state with an apostrophe which indicates neither possession nor a missing letter, you think all apostrophes are placed randomly.

16 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Amazon, it would have been nice if that easter egg for my daughter was not broken.

It was it's fancy packaging and you box with paper (not really enough) in there yet still broken.

Ooops!  

A special Easter themed apostrophe-blooper!