Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Child custody rules in Hannover

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Has anybody else sought clarifcation regarding child care issues, in particular how much one has to pay? The state of Hannover do kindly provide a translation of their rather heavy-weight rules, regulations and red-tape into English...

...Whose income will be considered?

The income of the parents/the parent (item 1 of the compensation scheme) and of the cared for child itself is taken as a basis, as well as of further children if they are considered in the income limit. Decisive for the calculation of the parents’ contribution for joint children is the sum of their income as long as a parent entitled to custody lives in cohabitation with a parent not entitled to custody (item 14 of the compensation scheme)....

1) my cared for child itself has an income and any further children i may have may or may not have an income and may or may not be consiered in the income limit?

2) joint children? sum of their income - but only if the income of the second child is to be considered? - what?

I have to admit that clarification is not a state I feel myself able to achieve with such puzzling notions. Looks like I will have to re-read the original 300 page document in German then!!!

bradders

The Duseldorf Tabbelle will determine your contribution and it does not take into account the income of the carer. It also does not take into account the country your children live in or the fact that you may already have an agreement in place with regards to cost of living and travel for them. Custody/care is not considered by the BfJ only the fact that you must pay within their rules.

My advice, get a good lawyer who can talk with the BfJ and see if you can negotiate with them. Success will depend on the person you deal with and how well you have recorded your circumstances and any previous arrangements you have made.

There are a number of papers in English written on the subject which you can Google... recommend you read these.