Murder of student Meredith Kercher in Italy

221 posts in this topic

I love the fact that the only reason this is such a popular story is because she is hot. If she were a fat ugly American girl, this wouldn't even make headlines. Awesome.

It doesn't make sense to me that we throw away a girl with such perverse sexual desires. Society needs more women like her.

I love the fact that the only reason this is such a popular story is because she is hot.

Yep, her ex-boyfriend is also being tried and will learn his fate at the same time, but no-one cares about him. We secretly all hate him.

Her sister's hot as well, by the way. And not in jail either.

Video

I wouldn't say she's that hot as much as how hot her sexual behavior is.

A person did die, and it would be great to pin it on someone, but there is so much in terms of hijinx revolving around this case, and significant holes there. Someone there did kill her, but if anything, there was no conspiracy to kill her as much as there was negligent manslaughter. On top of that, what's the evidence?

But I would think the charges, the motive(s), act(s), etc., intertwine. Makes no sense to me.

Edit: Okay, then the next question is, since he's already been convicted, they obviously had a lot of evidence. So did they rule that he acted alone or with the aid of these two that are now on trial? The verdict should already be known I would think.

well, I haven't been following it all that closely either, but as far as I know there is not one shred of evidence linking the the hottie to the crime scene; not even a hair. You would think in a such a bacchanalian affair, you might loose at least a stand or two.

I guess I don't know why the first guy was found guilty. To do that you'd think they'd have to know exactly how he did it, and in knowing that, these two were either clearly involved or not involved. I'm assuming more details will come out once it's all over, but I don't see how all the defendants can be separated as though different crimes had been committed.

I just hope justice is served to the right perp, regardless of how hot they or their sexual behaviour is.

"Justice being served" is interesting as well, as this hardly even looks like a premeditated murder, though the Italians are going for conspiracy and premeditation convictions, which is hardly even being evidenced. So there's also a factor of whether those being punished are being punished correctly.

Anyhow, time to find the transcripts. Need to know what this chick is all about. I've heard of tuchus play and other stuff, but not much beyond that.

Whether guilty of murder or not she had condoms and a vibrator in her bag. Therefore she should be tried and found guilty for perversion. What kind of sick young woman would have such despicable implements on her person. She needs to be made an example of.

I love the fact that the only reason this is such a popular story is because she is hot. If she were a fat ugly American girl....

She is obviously 1 in a million... :ph34r:

The fact is that Meredith Kercher is dead.

Let's give her some respect by not having fantasies over her alleged killer,

no matter what she looks like.

Whether guilty of murder or not she had condoms and a vibrator in her bag. Therefore she should be tried and found guilty for perversion. What kind of sick young woman would have such despicable implements on her person. She needs to be made an example of.

Condoms? Not as wild as I thought.

The fact is that Meredith Kercher is dead.

Let's give her some respect by not having fantasies over her alleged killer,

no matter what she looks like.

Alleged is the key here. You, nor anyone else has proven anything.

Alleged is the key here. You, nor anyone else has proven anything.

But they do know that she perverted the course of justice and told a pack of lies. She should get a few years for that alone and then another 10 or so for her involvement in the murder.

Depends on the makeup of the jury. She's hot, so women will send her down while men will let her walk.

It isn't a trial by jury. Just trial judges.

I guess I don't know why the first guy was found guilty. To do that you'd think they'd have to know exactly how he did it, and in knowing that, these two were either clearly involved or not involved. I'm assuming more details will come out once it's all over, but I don't see how all the defendants can be separated as though different crimes had been committed.

This piece in the The Independent explains it quite well. Basically, the prosecutors had convinced themselves that Knox and Sollecito were guilty before Guede had even been named as a suspect. Even after Guede's conviction, the Italian prosecutors were unable to let go of their original theory, which is why we now have two sets of people accused or convicted of the same murder and no real clue whether all, some, or none of them actually committed it. All a bit of a shambles really.

It isn't a trial by jury. Just trial judges.

Not sure, the press are reporting an "eight-person jury", but don't mention if they are judges or civilians.

It's interesting how those posting that they think she will be freed are from the United States, whereas those posting that they think she will be convicted are from the UK. Funny that.

That's not actually true, Katrina. Is this story trying to be spun in a US vs. UK thing?

Edit: Regarding the jury, I've just read that two of the eight are judges, with the remaining six being civilians.

Yeah I kind of read it wrong. It says 6 civilian judges. Is that just jury members then? And they sit with 2 proper judges to come to a verdict?

taken from the guardian:

At 10.35am local time, the judge declared the hearing to be at an end and left the courtroom with the other professional judge, wearing robes and a ruffed neckband, and the six lay judges, some sporting sashes in the Italian national colours of red, green and white.

According to court sources, their deliberations will last for upwards of 10 hours, so a verdict is not expected before this evening at the earliest

Link here

I just came across the following blog, which explains that the six lay judges (and their substitutes) are selected from a pool of about 50 citizens - sort of like jury selection, then.

http://wildgreta.wordpress.com/2008/12/20/delitto-perugia-estratti-i-nomi-per-la-giuria-popolare/

A comment -- in English -- on the same blog gives links to two websites about the case, and the following:

There are 13 pieces of forensic evidence that link Amanda and Raffaele to the crime, including Amanda’s DNA on the handle of the knife found at Raffaele’s apartment and Meredith’s DNA on the blade, and Amanda’s bare footprints set in Meredith’s blood and Raffaele’s DNA on Meredith’s bloodied and cut bra.

Amanda and Raffaele knew precise details about Meredith’s body which they could only have known if they had been present when Meredith was murdered. Amanda herself admitted she was present when Meredith was murdered in her handwritten note to the police on 6 November.

Amanda and Raffaele not only gave conflicting witness statements, but also gave completely different accounts of where they were, who they were with and what they were doing on the night of the murder. (...)

Disclaimer: The blog came up in a Google search, I have no idea whether it's reliable.

Is this story trying to be spun in a US vs. UK thing?

There's been a massive difference between UK and US reporting due to a concerted campaign by Knox's family regarding her innocence, which apparently is far more important than the fact that a girl, who happened to be British, died.

Compare and contrast:

Jezebel.com with links to news stories and Newsweek to the Times and The Telegraph.

That has disgusted me, regardless of the outcome of the case. Meredith Kercher deserved better.