Lasagne recipes

54 posts in this topic

From which store did u buy lasagne noodles ? I couldn't find it in many stores in Munich. I found only the ready packed ones. I am new to Germany.

You can get lasagne sheets by asking for 'Lasagneblätter' 5c5db65e1c666_AlnaturaLasagnebltter.jpg.

in Alnatura or similar bio stores or, in more conventional larger German supermarkets like REWE or Kaufland, they might be more likely to know them as 'Teigenudelblätter'.

they'll understand if you pronounce it: ty-geh-noo-del-ble-dderrr ;)

2B

Are you talking about fresh ones instead of the dry ones? If so, I have no idea. Dry ones are in most pasta sections in all stores.

REWE (and EDEKA IIRC) sometimes do have fresh lasagne sheets in the tall glass-fronted refrigeration amongst the veggie, tofu and pizza dough packages before their cooked meat, salami and butchery sections.

2B

not sure what kind you are used to, but the ones sold here are shorter than the ones I was used to in the US, and I've yet to see them with ruffled edges.  So the box is quite small.  I missed them many times til I really looked harder and finally noticed them :)

At least in Baden-Wuerttemberg you can buy fresh Maultaschenteig in most supermarkets and then cut the sheets into smaller rectangles to make Lasagne. But then you have to pre-boil them. As others said, it is very easy to find dry lasagne sheets almost every supermarket (not Aldi, though) and you don't have to pre-boil them. 

wait - why would you need to pre-boil fresh maultaschen sheets for lasagna?  I would think that could easily lead to a big mushy mess!

No, it doesn't. The dough is quite thick. It should be boiled only a few minutes. 

I prefer Canneloni myself.

Even though I make the lasagne and canneloni the same, for some weird reason the canneloni tubes taste better? It is more work having to stuff the canneloni tubes, but the taste sure is worth it.

So true, @catjones.  I no longer have a pasta machine, and rolling pasta thin enough with a rolling pin is now beyond me, but the best, most delicate lasagne I've ever eaten was made with the thinnest uncooked pasta my machine could produce.