Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

American notary public contacts in Munich

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know an american notary public? My ex needs to get some paperwork notarized so that I can sell his car. Near Landsberg would be great, but anywhere around Munich would be fine too. Thanks so much.

Go to the Consulate. That is the only place to get anything notarized American style.

thanks for the info and threads. One more thing, though. My ex is German. Can he use the American consulate?

If the document needs U.S. notarization - yes. Bring ID, bring the document, explain his business to the guards at the door. As far as I remember notary services are Tuesday and Thursday afternoon only (1pm - 4pm), payment in cash, with EC, with credit card.

I was there yesterday, and you're correct. But they don't accept EC anymore, there is an ATM around the corner where they give directions to. From March 2nd and onwards, you can only go there by appointment. It was posted very big everywhere inside and on the boards outside. So if you get there before March 2nd, you can just walk in. I got there are 14:45 and that was a good time, absolutely no waiting times or lines. They are closed on February 6th. At security they make you turn in your cellphone (and turn it off), electronic devices including ipod's, and automatic car keys, lighters, etc. No fluids. They can hold it all for you to pick up when you get out, at no charge.

Edit: but you can use credit cards and of course cash. I used my american visa card but they accept others just check the website. The EC cards for german banks don't work (anymore).

I take it this car is back in the US, and you're not just looking for a notary public because they'll speak English? Notary publics don't count as a 'Notar' for German purposes since their qualification isn't considered as high

This service is done completely online via upload and webcam, and is valid across all US jurisdictions. The prices are also way cheaper at $25 per notary, compared to the US Consulate which charges $50 per notary. And you don't need to schedule an appointment or even leave your house!

https://www.notarize.com