MVG strikes on the U-Bahns, trams, and buses

271 posts in this topic

post-4788-1233310701.jpg
The MVG employees are planning a strike for this coming Tuesday, 3 February 2009, from early morning through early afternoon. The only transport running will be the private bus lines. The action is meant to put pressure on the MVG in the current negotiations, ver.di (the union) is demanding 9.5% more income, at least €250 per month. The MVG is offering to match the inflation rate.

Der öffentliche Nahverkehr hat inzwischen einen eigenständigen Tarifvertrag und nicht mehr den der Kommunen. Verdi fordert 9,5 Prozent, mindestens aber 250 Euro für die rund 6.500 Beschäftigten in den 15 bayerischen Nahverkehrsbetrieben. Die Arbeitgeber boten zuletzt einen Inflationsausgleich.

Under German law you are still obliged to appear at work on time. You have to take all reasonable measures to do so, such as driving or hitching a ride with co-workers or others. Saying "I wasn't informed" doesn't get you anywhere as the strike is already being announced. If you know that you will be late you have to inform the boss or a representative.

Streik hin oder her: Arbeitnehmer müssen trotzdem pünktlich am Arbeitsplatz sein; so will es der Gesetzgeber.

Dafür müssen Arbeitnehmer "zumutbare Vorkehrungen" treffen - wie aufs Auto umsteigen oder Fahrgemeinschaften bilden.

Ausreden wie "Ich habe davon nichts gewusst" besser vermeiden, raten Arbeitsrechtsanwälte. Schließlich wird überall darüber berichtet.

Bei Missachtung kann eine Abmahnung drohen.

Wer sich trotz Vorbereitung verspätet, sollte unbedingt seinen Arbeitgeber rechtzeitig informieren.

Is there anyone driving in from the Milbertshofen/Schwabing area?

EDIT: Emergency bus lines

shower of bastards

Am I supposed to go to work on my bike in this poxy weather?

pricks.

Oh for fucks sake. I don't even own a frigging bicycle and wouldn't cycle in this weather if I did.

No S-Bahn either?

from the start of service (so what 5.30am ish) until 15.30.

Im hearing rumours in the office that DB are also striking next week Tuesday so possibly no sbahn either...

will post more when I find more info

I've already reserved our office's tame taxi driver and can pick up anyone on the stretch Petuelring-Schwabing-Maxvorstadt-Odeonsplatz-Lehel.

Dozy greedy lazy bastards who have it too easy.

9.5% ? Someone tell them theres a bit of a financial crisis going on at the moment please.

Why dozy? I am sure they would have more effect of they threaten to go on strike in the two weeks leading up to the first Sunday in October - work it out for yourself

Why couldn't they have done this on Monday. Then I would have an excuse for home office after staying up til 5am watching the Super bowl :-(

Oh well. Home office on Tuesday I guess is good enough! Especially when I have Wed-Fri off for hols :D

Why couldn't they have done this on Monday. Then I would have an excuse for home office after staying up til 5am watching the Super bowl :-(

Oh well. Home office on Tuesday I guess is good enough! Especially when I have Wed-Fri off for hols

not everyone has the option of home office! my job depends on my coworkers getting to work (I can walk to work, but need support staff), and my patients getting to me. Last time this happened, we sat around the office hoping the patients would/could make their appointments, our income depends on that.

This sucks. I can technically get to my internship by S-Bahn (just a walk a little further than usual, by the distance of Marienplatz to Odeonsplatz) but this is going to suck. S-Bahns will presumably be crazy busy. And according to Sueddeutsche.de (last paragraph) if their negotiations don't work out, they might strike on Tuesday as well. I guess I'd better get my project done on Monday and ask what happens if I don't have a way of getting to work on Tuesday.

Between 7am and 8am the streets will be mayhem with parents driving their kids to school. Either start early or late. For once I'm glad that we don't start work until 9am.

What a bummer - heard the announcement on the way home from work yesterday! Looks like shank's pony again this time. Could dig the car out of the garage but as Sara points out, the whole world & his wife will on the roads.

MVG is trying to provide app. 10% of its usual service. Buses will be running on the regular Nightline routes with some slight changes, don't expect any timetable to be reliable due to increased car traffic. Here is a link to the bus routes that will be serviced. The U-Bahn stations will be closed until service is resumed.

Dozy greedy lazy bastards who have it too easy.

And you take home how much a month for doing what job?

That's a five minute walk - is that really such a problem?

No, and I don't know when I said it was. Like I said, it just adds a little bit to my usual walk. I have another 10-15 mins walk from Odeonsplatz. What will suck is how busy the S-Bahns will inevitably be, if they run at all. If they don't, then yes, that is going to to a problem.