Munich to host the 2012 Champions League Final

37 posts in this topic

EXCLUSIVE: Uefa to sell 65,000 new Munich stadium tickets for Bayern-Chelsea

By Nick Harris

SJA Internet Sports Writer of the Year

27 April 2012

Football’s European governing body Uefa will show the Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Chelsea on 19 May live on a giant screen at Bayern’s old home, the Olympic Stadium, to a paying crowd of 65,000 fans, Sportingintelligence can reveal. The aim is to try to address some of the huge demand for a game being played in Bayern’s home city .

Ticket demand for the match – a 70,000-seat sellout at Bayern’s Allianz Arena, across the city – has been massive in Germany especially, with an estimated 2m people in and around Munich alone wanting to go.

To try to alleviate some of that demand, Uefa will screen the game in the Olympiastadion, with tickets priced at €8 for adults and €5 for children.

Those seats are due to go on sale on a first-come, first-served basis at 5pm C.E.T time on Friday, 4pm UK time, via the muenchenticket.de website.

An area of the stadium will be reserved for ‘away’ fans, namely Chelsea supporters, and the size of that will depend on how many buyer from England purchase tickets.

The Olympiastadion and the park around it will be location of a week-long festival in the run-up to the Saturday final, and on Thursday 17 May, that stadium will host the women’s Champions League final between Lyon and Frankfurt. A record crowd for that event is expected, of around 30,000.

More than double that number are expected for the screening of Bayern-Chelsea, with organisers expecting the tickets for the ‘Munich II’ to sell out within hours.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/04/27/exclusive-uefa-to-sell-65000-new-munich-stadium-tickets-for-bayern-chelsea-270402/

... and on Thursday 17 May, that stadium will host the women’s Champions League final between Lyon and Frankfurt.

I heard a guy paid €2800 for two tickets online for that match. I think he mixed it up. Oops.

A lot of tickets for the womens final were being bought for incredible prices on Ebay :)

Surely it will be?

Hell, I don't give a flying shite about footie usually but I couldn't stop watching the drama that was the game and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finals too.

Edit, yes, SAT1 are showing it.

Hi all footie fans,

I am a lucky chap, i will have 2 chelsea tickets for the final on 19th. My son and i are season ticket holders and go to most games. I am looking for a B & B or a good campsite or just somewhere to pitch up with a tent as hotels are just not available in the city or nearby as far as i can see unless you are happy to pay hugely inflated prices which i cannot afford.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

Yhankyou

http://www.pointoo.de/poi/Muenchen/Campingplatz-Muenchen-Thalkirchen-86975.html

You could try this campsite...good facilities, tent or rent a basic chalet....take u about 30 mins max to get to stadium via underground.....

Good luck!

If you have one spare then I have space either here or at some friends places :) but I have not been to a game since Moscow so not very deserving

After reading your post it kind of suggests no :)

Let us know if the camping is no options, I might still be able to put you up at some mates places

Thanks, very kind of you. I am just waiting now until Friday when i will know for definate if i will get the tickets. Fingers x but i think i will be fine.

Will keep you advised.

Once again, thankyou.

Does anyone know of any public viewings for this game aside from the official UEFA one? I heard that when the World Cup / Euros were on there were quite a few public viewings.

Thanks in advance

Public viewings are held in most known places like Hirschgarten, Hofbraukeller, etc.

Here is a link with places (German)

They have a big screen that's going up at Olympiastadion, but all tickets are sold out for that as well! :-(

Ok Gents, got my tickets for the final, WOW!

Am going to Wembley for the FA Cup final tomorrow so i will investigate cmping options first i think. Thanks to everyone and hope it's a great game.

Regards to all

Try those

http://www.brecherspitze.com/d_brecherspitze_main.html

Hotel Bonifatius

St.-Bonifatius-Str. 4

81541 Munich

089 62053242

http://www.motel-one.com/

Gotta rub some salt boys.. I got fucking tickets! So i say : fuck the Bayern scum & let Chelsea win! ;)

Any TT meet-up plans to watch the game somewhere in public?

Hirschgarten, Backstage...

Btw, I'm a (moderate) Bayern fan.