Munich to host the 2012 Champions League Final

37 posts in this topic

I just read that The Allianz Arena in Munich has named by UEFA as the venue for the 2012 Champions league final. What with the way football has been lately there is a good chance that an English team will be playing so get your tickets early and prepare for the invasion.

European football's governing body also named Munich's Allianz Arena as the venue for the 2012 Champions League final with Bucharest's National stadium hosting the 2012 UEFA Cup final.

Story here

Wembley will be holding the 2011 final while Dublin takes the UEFA cup final on the same year.

UEFA website news

Cool, last time Munich had a final it was in the Olympiastadion. 1997 UEFA Cup, IIRC, Dortmund v. AC Milan? Googled: Turin.

Googled: Turin.

Not Turin, but Juventus. German football reporting doesn't help the matter by often omitting the club name in reporting on foreign clubs.

So I guess the tickets will be available in about 3 years' time!?

anyone who has information/suggestions on how to get tickets to this epic match, please let me know! As far as I know, the only possibilities are:

1) online (luck needed)

2) telephone (luck needed)

3) ticket centre (patience/tent/rations needed)

4) internal source who somehow gets hold of tickets for you.

any idea WHEN either/all of the above 4 options become available to purchase tix? are the net/telephone/booth options "opened" at the same time? If so, I'm considering camping out to secure tix. just hope i will be in the country at outlet date & not on holidays somewhere!!

obviously ebay/black market will be an option for the million-/billionaires out there. For the rest of us who can just manage cost price, the above 4 are the way to go...

anyone got info on outlets & dates?

tbh with ManU & ManCity out i doubt there will be 1 english team in the final.I hope i will be proven wrong :rolleyes:

For once in my life i agree with Fergie that Barca looks unbeatable.

Ticket sales for neutral supporters run from 1 March to 16 March, after which a ballot will determine which fans from the international general public are allocated tickets.

Ticket prices available:

Category 1 - EUR 370

Category 2 - EUR 260

Category 3 - EUR 160

Category 4 – EUR 70

Click on the apply button (You'll need your passport number).

It says you'll know by 2nd April if you're successful or not. It's a crapshoot for sure, but worth a shot.

I applied also...they say that the tickets are expressly non-transferable, i.e. only the person whose name and ID number is on the ticket can enter. There's no mention of re-personalization anywhere in the FAQ/T&CS

Category 1 - EUR 370

Category 2 - EUR 260

Category 3 - EUR 160

Category 4 – EUR 70

Youth Package: EUR 140 (1 adult + 1 child ticket in category 2)

Youth Package tickets for one child accompanied by one adult are available at discount prices in Category 2.

anyone else pick up that it actually costs LESS and gets you a BETTER seat/category by buying a Youth Package, even if you don't have a kid to go with?

One would save 120€, have an empty seat next to them ("oh, my son is sick and can't make it to the game today") and be sitting in pretty good seats/cat2

or am i interpreting this wrongly??

so i'm assuming we all lucked out in getting tickets for last week's game? Big one on Wednesday, hopefully we can pull through

being shown on Sat1/free-to-air TV from 8:15pm (kickoff 8:45pm)

any tips on final score? or whether Ribery will even out Robben's face and give his left eye a hammering?

oh and if FCB were to get through, does anyone know if any extra tickets to germans/bavarians/munichers become released, and where/how to buy them? Will it be another lotto?

found the info through the FCB website (see below). Chances aren't good, especially considering i'm neither a member nor in a fanclub!

cheapest secured category 4 tickets are going for at least 1400€ online...

https://tickets.fcbayern.de/InternetVerkaufAnfragen/Greeting.aspx

Wir würden von der UEFA ein Kontingent von 17.500 Eintrittskarten zur Verfügung gestellt bekommen – diesem Kontingent stehen Aufträge unserer knapp 180.000 Mitglieder und über 3.000 Fanclubs gegenüber. Bis zum Ende der Bestellfrist werden Aufträge für ca. 1.000.000 Eintrittskarten vorliegen.

Um möglichst vielen Mitgliedern und Fanclubs die Möglichkeit eines Finalbesuches zu bieten haben wir uns für folgende Kontingentierung entschlossen:

- pro Mitglied 1 Eintrittskarte

- pro Fanclub maximal 4 Eintrittskarten

Trotz dieser Kontingentierung würden wir voraussichtlich nur jede 12. Bestellung unserer Mitglieder und Fanclubs bedienen können.

Would love to get a ticket to the final but probably end up watching it in a beergarden

(but if anyone has a spare one :) )

Do they still have a ban on alcohol at CL games? If so, I would rather sit and watch in a beer garden, buy a couple of mass, and use the remaining 1,384 yoyos to go on vacation somewhere.

I hear there have been one million requests for tickets to the final in a stadium that holds 66,000 seats.

The 1 million requests were for the 17,500 seats for Bayern fans. Chelsea also gets the same number of seats under fan quota. The rest of the tickets were sold through the open sale mentioned in post #8.