Germans putting up little signs

57 posts in this topic

@cb6dba:

Perhaps your last student place was too international. In a proper German setting, where people have their cleaning rota and watch each other fulfilling their duties, this kind of behaviour would very soon lead to more or less severe and open conflict. I've experienced Wohngemeinschaften in which anyone using the kitchen is watched carefully and may be reminded that they have to clean up after themselves.

I just put up a note. Was I being too German? I don't think so...

Liebe Nachbarn,

1. Februar ist Super Bowl Sunday!

Als Amerikaner ist es Pflicht, dass ich dieses Spiel mit ein paar Freunden anschaue.

Leider fängt das Spiel erst um 00:18 Uhr an.

Natürlich versuchen wir, so leise wie möglich zu bleiben, aber es kann während des Spiels zu so spannenden Momenten kommen, dass wir vielleicht kurz die Kontrolle verlieren.

Ich möchte mich schon im Voraus für Störungen entschuldigen.

This will confuse them totally - they will be expecting something like this but LARGER.

According to dict.cc, "Super Bowl" = "jährliches American-Football-Meisterschaftsendspiel der National Football League". Blimey wot a mouthful - is there a more elegant solution?

I think it's very sweet of you, RickMunich. Will you let them come by and watch as well? If so, tell them that a six-pack is the entry fee.

From a friend of mine in Munich, put up in his apartment block shortly before the bikes were to be removed from the bike parking area so that it could be cleaned.

post-977-13479665981572.jpg

Sounds as if whoever wrote that is familiar with the ways of the people in the building!

I attended a party recently, and the party throwers had put a sign up over the toilet, pleading men to sit down whilst taking a wizz, to avoid spray and spillage. Unfortunately it backfired as I had to strain closer to read it, and well needless to say, aim went a tad wonky, sadly...!!!

Sounds like they have the best place already and don't want to lose it!

maybe the hole thing is because germans like sign in general.

Just try driving a car and looking at all the street signs like ur supposed to, it's impossible if u still want to look at the road. They got an average of 3-5 signs per pole, and a new pole every 30 feet.

B: It´s not mine

C: Nobody else eats corner muller yogurt here

B: What about D? He eats those too...

My recent favorite quote from Facebook.

"There's this weird thing at my work where people are putting names on food in the fridge. I just ate a tuna sandwich named Kevin."

Just try driving a car and looking at all the street signs like ur supposed to, it's impossible if u still want to look at the road. They got an average of 3-5 signs per pole, and a new pole every 30 feet.

Except when I'm trying to figure out what street I'm on. Then I can walk for 5 blocks before I find a corner with a street sign...;-)

Please don't boil milk in the kettle is one in our office. Was somebody stupid enough to boil milk in the kettle? asked loudly did bring up one red face.

Was somebody stupid enough to boil milk in the kettle?

At least you didn't try doing rice pudding in the kettle..

About 1:40 in the vid...