Regular English-speaking meet-up in Rostock

43 posts in this topic

Hi Tonica!

Sorry I'm letting you know quite late, but I'd love to come to the breakfast tomorrow morning!

Looking forward to seeing you then, and meeting some new people too!

Thanks!

Karys

Karys, got it! I reserved you a seat too but I'm just hoping it's enough because a couple more ladies wrote this morning wanting to join in. So, we might just all have to squeeze in tight :). Looking forward to seeing you again, Tonica

Hi,

my name is Ulrika and I am from Sweden. I just moved to Rostock about two weeks ago. I would love to met some new people.

Please let me know next time you met up!

/Ulrika

Hi Ulrika, welcome to Rostock!! I will definitely post here the details to our next meetup which is normally the first Tuesday of the month, so in November it will be the 3rd. I hope we all get to meet you soon. Please email me if you have any questions, thoughts or need help with adjusting here :). Take care, Tonica

Hi, I am Marcela and I'd like to go to the next meeting. I arrive here 2 weeks ago and I don't speak german so I'll be happy to meet some of the english speakers leaving in Rostock.

See you soon!

Hi there Marcela, it will be nice to meet you too at the next meetup. In fact we have two women in the group who also speak Spanish and maybe another one joining soon as well. I know they will be happy to have another Spanish speaker in the group. You never know, maybe you guys can have your own little get-togethers to speak Spanish :). Wish I could. I will definitely post here the next time we do meet up, hope to see you there.

Tonica

Hi girls! I didn't know there are so many English-speaking people in Rostock! I would like to join your "club":) Is it possible?:) I am Anna, have been here for 8 months, now on maternity leave with my little baby boy. Please let me know when/where is your next meeting. Thanks!

Hi Anna, at the moment I am trying to get the next meetup organized. I am just waiting for replies from the monthly email newsletter that I just sent out. If you would like to be added to the email list then you can just send me your personal email in a message here at TT. Otherwise, I will post here real soon, when I have a date and time set. Hope to meet you soon. Tonica

I'm Nathalie and I'm new to the forum; hi everyone!

I've been living in Rostock for nearly 3 years now _time flies_ and I'd really like to meet people. My german is still weak and I just love the english language :) My spanish is a bit rusted I'm afraid but I'd love to practise too.

I'm slightly worried no new message has been posted for the past few months. No news, good news??

Anyway, here I am, pleeeease talk to me. I'm french by the way, don't hold it against me ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi there Nathalie,

You are right, time does fly by fast, too fast. It'll be 12 years for me in Germany. Sorry I haven't been posting any dates on our meet ups here, I just wait until someone, like you :), comments and then I let you know of our next get together. Which will be the first Tuesday of April, which will be the 6th. It will be an evening meet up, but not yet sure where. If you wouldn't mind emailing me your regular email address then I can add you to the monthly newsletter list I send out to everyone of our upcoming dates. It would be nice to have you join our group. I will let you know, as soon as I do, where the next date will take place. Tonica

Okay, if anyone is interested, the next meet up in Rostock will be at the HCC for a bowling night. We will be meeting this Saturday the 10th of April at 6 pm for dinner and begin bowling at 8 pm. If you would like to join please let me know so I can reserve a table and a couple of lanes. The address for the HCC is Industriestraße 10,18069 Rostock. So far there are nine of us going. Maybe I'll see you there.

Hi everyone, I'm Ingy, Egyptian, n have been in Buetzow (a city about 30 mnts away frm Rostock) fr abit over a yr now. My husband is german and we had to come and live here after his business abroad failed... and its BOOOORINGGG here. The only thing that's keeping me goin on is basically my lovely 19 mnths old princess :) ) she's a full time job. But still its boring and NOT a single English speaker around. My german isn't gd and I miss meeting and talking to ppl in a language i know. I hope u guys still meet and have space fr me.. would reallyyy b gr8 :)

Hi Ingy, Yes we are still doing the monthly meetups. The next one will be July the 6th and will be a morning get together. If you email me your email address then I can add you to our monthly email invite of the date, time and place of the next meeting. It will be wonderful to have another new member and a half (your princess) :). Tonica

hello,

I am German, but would like to join your meetings, if you are still holding them....

I moved back to Germany last year in September and am really happy now that I've found this side!!!

Looking forward to a reply, bye for now....

hello,

I would like to join the meet-up too. I really wish to speak English here because my german is not that good to talk with people. Would you please let me know the next day for a chat?

Thanks.

Linda

Hi there!!!

I would like to join YOU too))) I moved to Rostock one year ago and since that time I did not make friends here unfortunately((( Could you please write me about next meeting?

Thank you in advance. :rolleyes:

Hi there Leylaki,

Unfortunately I no longer plan any monthly meet-ups but I'm sure I could get a few ladies together for some coffee in town to meet you. Maybe if you email me here on TT what days and times work for you I can go from there on planning a day for me and any other ladies who might like to join us. I hope to meet you soon.

Hello, is anyone still meeting up, or would like to start? Im new to Rostock and English and would enjoy meeting others in the same boat!

Yes we would like to meet with other English speaking people in Rostock.Just give us some info and we can take it from there.