Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

'Munich Health' sports club near Sendlinger Tor

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been there around a month now and it's really good - the trainers are all really friendly and it never gets too busy - so there's always equipment free to use. Highly recommended!

I am considering joining Munich Health Club at Sendlinger Tor. I was there yesterday for a tour/consulation. Thinking of signing the 2 year (100 week) contract for €44/month. McFit in Obergiesing, which is half the price (€19.90/month), is another gym I'm considering.

MHC would be nice because it's on my way to and from work. McFit is much cheaper, it's not on my way to work and it's about 4 km from where I live, so would have to take a tram to get there.

I like MHC, but am tempted to go for the much cheaper McFit option.

Is MHC worth €44/month? Anyone have recent experience with MHC? I am not looking for anything special in a gym. It just has to be clean/hygienic.

Edit: Just saw another thread mentioning FitStar. €16.80/month for 12 months. €44/month for MHC seems too high. I think the high price must be due to its central location at Sendlinger Tor.

I train at the Fitstar in Neuhausen which is nice and cheap and also clean. The only problem I think there is with gyms like Fitstar and Mcfit is that they get too busy between 5pm and 9pm during the week but thats the payoff for being a cheapskate. If I lived closer to Sendling Tor I would have considered joining MHC as that is still a very good price. When I was first checking out gyms a few months ago I saw one for 70 euros a month and they didn't have enough heavy weights and no squat rack which I think is a poorly equiped gym. So price doesn't necessary mean it is always better but I guess it depends on your goals.

Thanks for your response.

I went to the nearest FitStar, which for me would be the one in Berg am Laim. I asked if I could get a short tour of the place. I was allowed to just walk around the place by myself. Nice place, lots of equipment, clean changing rooms and showers. Right now they have an offer for €16.80 for a 12 month contract.

I signed up right away. The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

You need to bring your own lock, towel to place on the equipment while you are training, clean shoes, and 50c for the use of the showers (no change available in the studio). You also have the "all you can drink" option. For €4 per month, you can drink all the energy drinks they have available there. If you decide not to go with this option, you are allowed to bring in your own drinks.

Hi - I am training at the Munich Health Club - it is expensive, but ridiculously close to work.

I go about 3 days during the week and 1 day during the weekend. Only reason for me to go so often during the week is that it is only a 5 minute walk from work. It is not enough time to talk myself out of it :D

I decided that I rather pay 3 times more and actually go to the fitness center than to pay 16 euro's a month for a monthly visit.

Weather the extra money is worth it for you depends on your goals and wilpower ;)