Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Petuelring area of Munich - what's it like?

24 posts in this topic

Anyone have any good/bad/dont knows about the Petuelring area by Schleißheimer Strasse? We just looked at a flat there last night and we like it, we like it a lot :)

Have just told them we like it and probably want it but want to be forewarned if anyone knows if its a dodgy area/bad area/nice area etc.

Close to town, we would have Tram 27 on the doorstep, U3 down the road. Olympiapark just behind us...

I live at Petuelring and I really like it, you have a Schwabing PLZ and as you say it is right by the U-Bahn, Tram and Bus stops. Close to my workplace, schwabing, Olympiapark and the city centre. Never seen any trouble, which address did you look at number 274???

yeah, depends which area but I think the "dodgy" part is more towards Leopoldstrasse where the Hochhäuser are, and north of the ring isn't too nice really. But the bit you're talking about is a nice residential area, a colleague lives there.

Pascoe: its a bit further down than that I think, it is just by the Garten Str tram stop. I am guessing you are 274? :)

Thanks for the feedback peeps! :)

live on Schleissheimerstr right by petuelring u bahn myself. Area is great i have to say. Been there now in the area for over 4 years. Its as safe as anywhere in Munich, i.e. no need to worry about the girlfriend walking home late at night!

Hi,

I live in 203 and I love it here. Transportation is great with tram 27 and U3, U2 at Scheidplatz. Have a 24 hour video shop, drinks shop, dry cleaners, Tengleman for basics, Luitpold park and Olympic park. The only thing that sucks is the lack of descent restaurants. There are a couple down the road and a few more closer to Nordbad, but the train is so close you can jump on and go to town easily.

Are you looking at flat right on Schleissheimer or back in a courtyard?

We would be facing on to Schleissheimer, but the building is only a few years old and the double glazing is very soundtight. We figure no garten is no big deal as we have a huge one just behind us (olympiapark :) )

I live right on the street and the noise ain't bad at all! Couldn't hear it anyway with the surround sound turned up ;) Our balcony has to many trees and we are on the first floor so to much interference from the other buildings for sat off the balcony. So BavSat have kindly offered to install it facing the street. Today :D

Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood in advance :D

I was starting to need a hardhat just to go outside man ;) Sad that we will leave Bogenhausen...but better for us and it is a really really nice pristine place. And it means we can have people over for dinner without them jumping up and down on our bed in the middle of the room.

That is a bit crapper about the satellite. We did think about that but oh well. Guess we have to stop watching that TV and get our butts outside (yeah right).

Satellite is not allowed there.. but we have *gasp* 27 channels. Better have the 2 that I watch! :)

Satellite is not allowed there.. but we have *gasp* 27 channels. Better have the 2 that I watch! :)

Just incase no-one heard me the first time...

If you are a non-german citizen NO ONE can ban you dfrom having a satelite dish!

But back to the main topic: Petuelring is becoming a much more sought out area since the tunnel construction. With tram and U-Bahn its very well connected. But remember the golden rule, don't go outside the ring! B)

oo-er

Anyway about this satellite thing, I have heard this before, but then they get round it by saying you have an English channel (CNN). How do you force around this without pissing off your landlord?

I think it is "Nachrichten aus der Heimat" so unless you're a US Citizen whose only interested in adverts for posh Swiss Banks and non-stop golf you can tell em to take a hike! :D

But I havent' watched TV for 6 months now and wouldn't get scab Murdoch Sky anyway so I'l leave all the details to someone else. ;)

If there are other satellites installed on your block of flats and the installation doesn't do any structural damage then they can't really do anything. Besides CNN is American and you are intitled to news from your own country. But it's always best to ask landlord. Ours is Japanese and really cool about it!

But I havent' watched TV for 6 months now and wouldn't get scab Murdoch Sky anyway so I'l leave all the details to someone else. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, and it reduces property values in the area if there are dishes all over the gaff

it does look a bit shit when the side of a building is plastered in them.. anyways we have the net for our tv :)