Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

I believe that fotoimpex near weinmeisterstrasse does "in-house" 120 processing. Never tried it, but it's worth a look. http://fotoimpex.de/ Or you could borrow my developing tray ;) .

Thanks, all, for the 120 processing shop tips. I didn't realize there was a Calumet here, very nice. I also stumbled upon a shop called Viertelvor8, in case you all have any feedback on that. Hopefully 1 day I'll learn to process my own. :-)

ViertelVor8 does a good job, I can recommend them for processing. DM/Rossmann can do 120 with their sent in envelopes too.

vv8 E-6 slide development give much better results than the usual DM/Rossmann efforts, also the film are properly sleeved and handled with much more care.

For 120 C-41 colour print film you can sent them in with the envelops at DM/Rossmann, but I don't think it is much cheaper than vv8 to worth the effort.

Are you processing B/W or colour? If you want to learn B/W processing, I can teach you. That would cost you a bottle of wine however.

So - a few photos....from Saturday's wanderings around the Domino Wall...

http://blog.phoenixrosedesign.com/2009/11/08/1000-domino-wall/

I was reading in the Irish times that the Dresden Christmas market is really something to see . So I suggest next Saturday to go early to Dresden I know a few of you have been to Dresden before so I would like to know your opinions. I also want to see that rebuilt Church. I will be bringing a friend or two with me.

oh no, I'll give it a miss thanks - Dresden was hell last time we went because of the State Fair that was on, it was so crowded you really couldn't appreciate the city itself. I would hate to there when xmas markets are happening - unless you are specifically going to enjoy the xmas markets then it sounds like insanity <_<

I'm working the weekend. Dresden is cool, but plan on spending the night at the Christopher Hostel if you can - because there are 3-4 markets all within the area and lots of places in town to see.

Having been there - I would say that you shouldn't plan on alot of pictures of the Christmas markets - it's really full of people on the weekend - and basically becomes a "push" festival to get through. Of the ones I've been through - to me, the best one was in the old castle - you have to pay an entry fee to get in - but it has smaller crowds and nicer items.

Hope you enjoy...

Is anyone interested in going to Dersden tomorrow..

So, Berlin Photo Group... it's been a few weeks and no meet up. I propose that we meet up - and do something good for our community... I saw this in a paper back in the US, and discovered that the group has a Berlin group here - volunteering their time and skills doing portraits of less fortunate.

http://community.help-portrait.com/group/berlin

I think we could / should organize something similar to this (and/or participate with the group above?) - to take some nice portraits of those less fortunate during the holiday season. What are your thoughts / ideas on this?

I'd love to hear them.

~Rose

hi rose,

can you please elaborate on what that group is trying to do exactly? taking pictures of/for "less fortunate" seems a bit vague and i cant get any more info unless i sign up on their site

doesnt sound like they had much of a turn out tho

anyway, i would be up for a meetup with you guys if im in town, sounds fun :)

cheers,

rachel

Hi Rachel - Sorry - I thought it was the link to the main site that explained it all, but it looks like I posted the link to the Specific Berlin group.

More information is here:

http://help-portrait.com/

I was sort of asking for suggestions - like maybe one of the homeless shelters or something that we could co-ordinate with for the people.. and then I think we'd need either a way to get the portraits printed and/or if we print them on site - then supplies...

The Berlin group appears to have attempted something yesterday, but with only 2 photographers and no advertising / etc, I thought hum.. if we as a photo group were interested - we might have better luck... because we have several people, and in general, we're all pretty good at networking / advertising...

~Rose

Sorry Rose won't be able to make anything til after xmas now, 5 nights of concerts starting on friday and friends flown in from around the world for them, so pretty busy :) Be great to do something soon after though or early in the new year.

Hi Rose,

So, are you doing any more of this Help-Portrait project? It sounds amazing and I like to get involved, although I'm going to be away over the Xmas period. If you are planning something this or early next week then I like to take part.

Unfortunately - Not. I want to, but got scheduled for a long week at work, have this weekend, and then work 7 days straight next week (before getting 2 weeks off). The first I could even think of trying to organize this would be after New Year's.

If you're interested, however, I would encourage you to go to the first link and see if anyone else is doing something in the meantime (before we can get to it?).

~Rose