Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I am new in Berlin and have been in photography for 6 years (mainly teaching Photoshop in Barcelona), I would like to join you next time you make an excursion and I would like to know if anyone of you have experience with Professional labs in Berlin, I am looking for a decent place to print my pics (either ink or lambda systems are good for me)...

Thanks for your help!

Manuel

We just have to think of one. With the heat and all that I feel like hitting the Ost see. How about that polish ex seaside city to Berlin. Yeah it's been ages since I have seen the sea. What is it called rose.?

I'm off to Ireland tomorrow, and will be back next tuesday.

Niall - I think you're thinking of Wismar is a nice town (and Poel Island is 13 km from there and absolutely gorgeous - w/beach and 3 lighthouses) or Warnemumde also has a very nice beach(sp?). There's also Rostock, but I'd recommend waiting for the Hansesail before going to Rostock. Hansesail is the 6-9 August (I have those days off and am planning on going then).

Hey, I'm back in Berlin and looking for action! I'm up to going somewhere this weekend, Sat or Sun. I think a couple of you regulars are going to be in Ireland, but how about the rest of you? Is there any interesting festivals, etc. this weekend? I see I missed a few last week.

Paul

So, I'm considering heading out to Kummersdorf this afternoon. It apparently is a WWII rocket site. It's about an hour drive south of Berlin. I might also stop at Beelitz on the way. If anyone is interested, let me know. I have a car and can take three people (plus a dog).

I might be lazy, though, and just go to Brandenburger Tor to shoot tourists. If more people would rather meet to shoot tourists and can go to Kummersdorf anytime.

Paul

can't make today, have fun whatever you decide, trip out or lazy option - hopefully we can organise something for next weekend.

Hi everyone,

If you are interested in a nice hang then go to Café "La Muse Gueule"

Why you ask?

It is a great French tapas bar and I have hung on the walls 24 photos from my trip to Venice.

Café "La Muse Gueule"

Sredzki str.14

10435 Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg

David Beecroft

post-45752-1247385828.jpg

Very nice work deebee is there a link for the lazy. I hope you sell all of them.

I got this in my mail box this morning.

here is the link to there site

Dear all,

You are receiving this mail, because you have registered for the Berlin Photowalk in the network of Scott Kelbys Worldwide Photowalks 2009.

I am writing in English, cause I have the impression, that we will have some non-german-speaker at our photowalk. I hope, that any of the Germans, will also understand this basic information in English. Wenn nicht, schreibt 'ne Mail, dann übersetzte ich gerne.

As of today, we have 34 registered participants, so it looks like we will be a pretty big group.

Meeting point is the famous "Siegessäule", at 6 pm next Saturday, Jul 18th. I will wait at the stairhouse in direction Ernst-Reuter-Platz from approx 5:45 on. The Scott Kelby organization asked for a group picture, so this will be our first duty on that day. While the walk, it will be not possible, to have all the people together all the time, therefore I expect small groups, that builds themselves. The distance we need to walk, is less then three kilometers (approx) and we have about 2 hours time. So, there is no need to hurry and everybody can do as much photos, as he likes. Please remember, the photowalk should be fun for everyone, so make your own pace. I have not yet planned to do a reservation at the restaurant at the end of the walk. Nevertheless, to avoid suprises please give me a signal before thursday (Jul 16th) evening, if you intend to join us in the restaurant for a snack or a beer or both - so I can have an idea how many people we will be.

Some FAQs:

As mentioned before, we will be multicultural and multilingual group. As of today, I received feedback from registered photographers, that we will have:

English

Spanish

Italian (basic)

Dutch

Mandarin

German

speakers in the group.

I got also the questions, if Scott Kelby will attend the Berlin walk. The answers is - NO.

You can reach the Siegessäule by Bus. Lines 100, 106 and 187 are servicing the busstop "Großer Stern". (2 minutes) You can also choose the tube (U9 Hansaplatz - 10 minutes) and the S-Bahn (Bellevue - 10 minutes).

I will not be in town this week, but will have access to my e-mails - so do not hesitate to contact me in case of any questions.

C U next weekend and kindest regards,

Daniel

I'm back if we want to do something on Saturday. The catch, however, is that my auto focus on the camera is on the fritz. Not sure what's wrong with it - still trying to figure that out.

May need to have it serviced (the guy in Ireland didn't seem to have a clue) here now that i'm back. We'll see - haven't had a chance to "play" with it since I got it back from him the morning I flew out.

would like to do something but the weather forecast for tomorrow is looking wet and thundery, Sunday may be better. Have you had chance to check you auto focus though yet Rose?

hi all, I haven't been so active here lately... just realize there are people attended the photowalk... I did too but didn't talk to much people, my mistake maybe XD

if you guys next time have anything on, feel free to contact me, would love to join in too... (not such a good photographer but still learning)

Anyone what to go to the ost see this sunday or to the V2 rocket testing site up on the coast.

Callie - that's a great link - thanks for that. I bookmarked it so I can read more.

Lolo - more info please - I may be interested if it's not too expensive.

I may be up for coast, depends where though - went to Warnemunde a few weeks back so don't really want to go back so soon. I was just planning on photographing flea markets, need some shots for one of my agencies, but I hate flea markets, just hate shopping altogether, so can easily be tempted away!

Rose, if the German equivalent works the same as the UK one I've made previous claims through, its well worth the small amount of effort to fill in the form each year, nice electronic money arrives just before christmas for doing very little, but you do need to have had quite a few images published.

I was just planning on photographing flea markets, need some shots for one of my agencies, but I hate flea markets, just hate shopping altogether, so can easily be tempted away!

I know what you mean about shopping. But to prove I'm a really righteous dude, I'll be happy to take those dreaded flea market shots for you if you just give me the name and number of your agency... :D

db

Ahh - I love flea markets - let me know if you want company. :) I don't like shopping, but ADORE the flea markets - because you get a wide range of crap, crap and more crap!!