Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

Whoah, now there's a new one; I thought slideshows were the bee's knees and thumbnails were clunky old school. That one lolo posts on (what wuzzit; flickr? twitter?)

db

Flickr I think.(I hate Flickr :ph34r:!! )

Don't know about bee's knees, just depends on your target audience I guess. Personally I'm typical impatient web viewer, like to click fast where I want to go then move on, no slide shows, no flashy stuff, just me in control! I thought most people viewed the web like that, average time spent on any web page is supposed to be around 30 seconds isn't it?. My own site I aim at editors and so on, theres no way they'd ever view a slide show, they're usually more impatient than me and just want to get straight to an image the fastest way possible, hence why all the major image libraries just have thumbnails and search facilities. But - target audience, yours is a different one of course!

Awesome! Like Tales from the Crypt comix or something! So, you guys found the surgical gear, eh? We couldn't find it last trip, even with lolo asking random strangers 'where's the surgery? y'know, where they cut the dead people n stuff?'

yeah I missed that, in a dark cellar, with no light just weird smells wasn't it?

yeah I missed that, in a dark cellar, with no light just weird smells wasn't it?

Leaking gas, I think :o

And Lolo and Phoenix-Rose had a bet on whether I would come out alive.

Thanks guys.

@dunkin'

Thanks for the comments. Yes, 'Tales from the Crypt' was exactly the genre I was aiming for. I faded the photos out a bit to make them look more like pen-and-ink graphics. I even tried doing them totally in monochrome but that didn't work too well.

I can't believe you walked around that place in sandals man! I had thick-soled hiking boots and still I was worried about glass underfoot piercing through - or worse (needles).

I can't believe you walked around that place in sandals man! I had thick-soled hiking boots and still I was worried about glass underfoot piercing through - or worse (needles).

I can't believe it either. As a Californian I wear sandals 9 months a year, regardless of whatever godforsaken Central European winter wasteland I happen to be living in. I can't help it; I roll like dat. But I do wear boots in the winter and socks with my sandals in the autumn. ;)

But on my next Beelitz journey I will have boots. I was a bit nervous last time in sandals and shorts. :unsure:

db

I was looking at photographing the Christopher Street Parade on saturday but the weather forecast looks totally shite for now. If it does improve enough, anyone else up for it?

Flickr I think.(I hate Flickr!! )

Don't know about bee's knees, just depends on your target audience I guess. Personally I'm typical impatient web viewer, like to click fast where I want to go then move on, no slide shows, no flashy stuff, just me in control! I thought most people viewed the web like that, average time spent on any web page is supposed to be around 30 seconds isn't it?. My own site I aim at editors and so on, theres no way they'd ever view a slide show, they're usually more impatient than me and just want to get straight to an image the fastest way possible, hence why all the major image libraries just have thumbnails and search facilities. But - target audience, yours is a different one of course!

Forgot to comment on this, but yeah, you're right: different target audiences. I sell a service, not individual photos. My clients like the slideshow. Because they want a comprehensive story told (ie, weddings or location portraits/events imagery), not just a few strong images. But I'd love to get into selling the gajillions of images I've taken around Europe; except I hate selling anything. And sorting through the lot. Sheesh!

I admire your ability to take pics AND market them; a rare gift I must say! You successfully combine the art part and the business part. 2 more lifetimes and I just might get it right...

db

Flickr gets my vote i think it just great i even pay for it.

I admire your ability to take pics AND market them; a rare gift I must say! You successfully combine the art part and the business part. 2 more lifetimes and I just might get it right...

db

hey no, just get an agent or 20, they sell for you and send money to your bank, nice and easy!

Part of flickr is free - only 50 or something photos a month and something like 5 sets. Easy to do that.

I pay for it too, but it's not so bad - 25 bucks a year for unlimited collections/sets/etc.

But Flickr is FREE, ye daft leprechaun! Why would ye pay fer it? tongue.gif

ahh no it not you get 3 sets and a limit of 200 pics a limit on how many views a month. Really I am very pleases with flickr. until some thing better comes along picasa web albums looks good So does the "mobile me" package.

photo bucket is lame it is the my space of the photo sharing web sites it simply has not changed with the times and those times have moved fast.

I SUGGEST THE CSD PARADE THIS WEEKEND TOMORROW also I really what to get to the NSA listing post. Maybe a few nazi bunkers you know the usual.

I'm going to be aiming to get to CSD about 2:00ish, maybe catch up with it just before Potsdamer Platz. Will be off line most of morning, so if anyone wants to catch up call my mobile or text.

I am going to templehof again today I found a way in. Sorry hitting the fence by myself. XOXOX

hello people,

I'm new to this thread and it seems i've been missing out on alot of photo-action! I have a couple questions, are you using digital or film on your excursions? If you're using film, I'm curious to what labs everyone is using?

I'll be going to the states in July but i'd love to join in on a weekend trip when I get back!

I am new to this too.

Does any of you do black and white photo and your own processing, film and prints?

I would be interested to learn from someone.

Is there a place in Berlin which has equipment and facilities for people to use?

Does anybody know?

Thanks a lot for a reply

kmaberlin LANLEA

JUST ANSWERING BOTH YOUR QUESTIONS.

I've been missing out on alot of photo-action!

Yes you are.

I have a couple questions, are you using digital or film on your excursions?

Mostly digital though I use one of 3 film cameras when the occasion calls for it.

If you're using film, I'm curious to what labs everyone is using?

Pixel print and Jet Photo both near Alexander plz. Pixel print are cheaper but Jet Photo for any of my special requests.

I'll be going to the states in July but i'd love to join in on a weekend trip when I get back!

I will keep you posted

Does any of you do black and white photo and your own processing, film and prints?

I did but since I got my 450 D.

I would be interested to learn from someone.

We try and do that it really a question of just seeing differently.

Is there a place in Berlin which has equipment and facilities for people to use?

Does anybody know?

Yes there is a place in Berlin it is on linien str some where they also have a sky light studio. I can do it has been absolutely years since I have. but I can show you or help you if need to.