Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

That brings up an interesting question: I read that Gabi and I can share a monthly pass weekdays after 8pm and all weekend. So I wonder what the 2 single extension tickets would cost? We have a monthly Zone A/B ticket. Because 2 sharing the Brandenburger would be 13 eu each. Wondering what would be the cheapest option...

db

good point - we both have ABC tickets, so an extra person can travel on each and just buy the extension needed which I think is about 1.40 each way. So if correct thats four of us travelling for 11.20 total. I'm not sure what it costs to extend an AB ticket too - did someone mention 8 euros a few posts back, was that return? Last zone B stop in that direction looks like Wannsee - DB site won't give me a price for that, would need to check at a machine. But yep its probably cheaper even for 5 people to just get single tickets.

Ok so heading to beelitz - which train is it - because I want to check the route. Since I live in Teltow, it may be easier for me to catch it from Wansee (if it goes through there) or from Lichterfelde - and meet up on the train. :)

Ok so heading to beelitz - which train is it - because I want to check the route. Since I live in Teltow, it may be easier for me to catch it from Wansee (if it goes through there) or from Lichterfelde - and meet up on the train.

excellent you're joining us! Its this train

DB site won't give me a price for that, would need to check at a machine. But yep its probably cheaper even for 5 people to just get single tickets.

Those machines are big and scary deutschensprechenthingen. :o But I'm the adventurous sort so I'll give it a shot. We will go to Alex and catch it from there and meet y'all on the train.

db

Sunday, 11.51

So, head count:

add niall aka lolo

Craig

Gabi

niall

rose.

A resent convert might come but I am not sure.

Is anyone still going? I'm up and looked out the window and it's very gray and looks like rain where I am. I don't mind climbing around in the abandoned buildings - but I think the light might not be great for photos - unless we want to make them extra "creepy".

Weather says it'll be raining by mid-day too (I checked for where I am, because it's closer to Beelitz - http://www.wetter.com/deutschland/teltow/DE0010425.html) with a 70% risk.

I need to hop a bus at 11AM, so ... post if you're still going before then please. :)

yeah we are still planning on going - was hoping it'd be similar to yesterday weather wise, with some good sunny/stormy spells between the rain. At least we can do internal shots there.

Ok then - cool. I'll see you folks there. Bringing Camera, Tripod, Flash Light.

Otherwise - wearing hiking boots (heavy duty), hiking pants, t-shirt, jacket.

Missing anything?

We will mostly be inside, and we not made of sugar we wont melt in the rain.

A lovely day tromping through abandoned buildings. However, they've been even more damaged between last week and this one - and you could see the difference just between the pictures lolo took and us walking around today. hope to get these up soon - this is one trip I've been waiting a long time to make.

excellent day on Sunday, amazing place. The destruction in the week is quite shocking, but I'm really more surprised that anything is left in the buildings at all after so long. In England this place would have been heavily security fenced for Health and Safety regulation pretence, but still everything of any use would have been stripped out long ago, floor tiles, roof tiles, doors, timbers, whatever.

Anyway, a few pics here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8539...mp;l=c8988d7069

and another here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1952...mp;id=717382902

still have a few more to sort and some of the memorial that'll go on my own website, but later, time to take more photos now!

Hey, Callie,

Nice photos; though I am too lazy/technically inept to view each photo separately. Isn't there a slideshow function on that site? Or a little arrow saying 'next photo' or something? Maybe I missed it...

db

BTW, I will be the last person in the world to sign up for facebook. Call me a rebel. ;)

lol, I don't think theres a slide function, not totally sure, I don't make that much use of the photo function. I'll sort somewhere on my own website eventually for photos which I've no commercial use for, then at least you can click 'next' and 'previous' buttons. But no slide shows - I've never really been that much of a fan of slide shows online, I get frustrated and want to click on where I want!

Nice piccies on yours though, but I did get frustrated with the slide show, almost commented asking for a thumbnail view page!!! ;)

Nice piccies on yours though, but I did get frustrated with the slide show, almost commented asking for a thumbnail view page!!!

Whoah, now there's a new one; I thought slideshows were the bee's knees and thumbnails were clunky old school. That one lolo posts on (what wuzzit; flickr? twitter?) has both thumbs and slideshow; maybe I'll register there and please all the people all the time. ;)

I can't figure out how to make thumb pages on my site. I think I would have to shrink them all myself and make a hyperlink to each. BOOO--ring...

db

After our visit to Beelitz Heilstaetten last Sunday, here's Tales From The Sanatorium!

Awesome! Like Tales from the Crypt comix or something! So, you guys found the surgical gear, eh? We couldn't find it last trip, even with lolo asking random strangers 'where's the surgery? y'know, where they cut the dead people n stuff?'