Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

Thanks for the photos of the day, Andie...where was I? Oh, yeah, beer, sun, pics of my sandals, etc. :blink:

Those punk pics I took were done in the first 30 minutes of the outing. After that I didn't get much (Damn you, beer! Damn you to hell! Then again, maybe not...). But you shouldn't worry about the lack of punk pics; they stood around looking bored most of the day. I think the Turkish stands and the Che Guevara Pretzel stuff was the heart and sell--er, soul--of the matter.

db

ahhh ok so I'm so behind - I don't have the photos up from May 1. I'll try to get those done tomorrow since it's "men's day" here in Brandenburg. For those of you who don't know what men's day is - well, from what I can tell, it's a day off where males go around on bicycles from house to house. They harass the housewife until she gives the men beer (to leave). Then, they are off on their bicycles again. If I understand the tale correctly, the "winning" guy is the first one to fall off his bike, park it, and never remember where he left it the next morning...

Ahh... So - anyone going to try to photograph this local custom - good luck!

Otherwise - June 1st is the Brandenburg "miller's day". They will have lots of old mills open and working, with displays. One of the guys I work with told me I should go, and apparently there's a website (no clue if it's true or not) but maybe someone with a better grasp of German will have a chance on finding it.

**I work this weekend - but maybe up for something on Friday if all goes well. **

Anyone want to do anything for the Carnival of Cultures Berlin, Street festival, This weekend 29-30.May.2009

I'm also busy this weekend and the next one... but after that I would like to go to Beelitz. We can go all the way by train... but I wouldn't say no to go by car either :P

I'm off to the Zita Rock festival on 13th so can't do Beelitz that day. If its the sunday 14th though, will be there.

For this coming weekend is anyone up for a trip out to Quedlinburg, if weather is good? http://www.quedlinburg.de/

The journey will take just over 3 hours from Berlin, leave Friedrichstr at 9:07 and we can travel on the schones wochenende tickets, so 37 euro for 5 people.

The next meeting for Berlin photographers and creatives is happening this thursday at Solar Lounge. Might see some of you there...I'll be the guy with the mean sunburn. Focused-on

post-2021-1243931989.jpg

I'm off to the Zita Rock festival on 13th so can't do Beelitz that day. If its the sunday 14th though, will be there.

For this coming weekend is anyone up for a trip out to Quedlinburg, if weather is good? http://www.quedlinburg.de/

The journey will take just over 3 hours from Berlin, leave Friedrichstr at 9:07 and we can travel on the schones wochenende tickets, so 37 euro for 5 people.

This looks interesting. I am free this weekend and would like to do it.

D.

I am so up for a trip this weekend, you wouldn't believe. *pulling her hair out*

Oh - maybe for future - there's some interesting stuff in Jüterbog - it's brandenburg - Wiki link and apparently has some of the towers from the old town walls and um a couple churches. Also, Kloister Zenna which if I understand correctly, offers tours through the old organ in the church. Not sure how to get there yet, but it's a thought...

Hello Phoenix-rose, I am also up for a trip this weekend. Let's try to make it happen.

D.

Which one are you thinking Deebee? Juterbog is basically in Brandenburg, and it looks like the train goes through Lukenwalde too. Forecast is mixed which means that it'll be really fun trying to fight with weather:

(from Weather.com)

Occasional rain. High 63F (18C). Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

*home with a migraine today - so hope to feel up to going tomorrow. We'll see...

Juterbog looks more interesting than Lukenwalde.

What to do if the weather is really not good... Well, there is always the technical museum or the Pergamon museum.

I can check my mail early-ish (or check this page) to see how you feel and we can make a decision based upon the weather. If it is raining it won't be worth it.

My email is:

mail "at" beecroft.de

D.