Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

Like your photos of the punks though. Did anyone tell them that image went out of fashion about twenty years ago?

Rebellion is NEVER out of fashion. I asked that one proud peacock with the blue Sparticus Centurion Hawk, 'what do you do?' to which he replied, '6 hours a day, I work on me hawk. Then I get pissed.' Not really. I didn't ask anything of the sort. I believe in mohawk privacy and respect the individual.

Call my punk portraits a retrospective. My first photo 'series', 1984, Sacramento punks and their downtown hangouts. 5 years later, punk is 'out', mall culture is 'in', and the whole scene has been replaced by Starbucks, Jamba Juice and Macy's. To which I heartily reply:

BOLLOX!!!

db bd rebel

p.s. fashion has 20 year cycles just like everything else: history, politics, wars, art...

LoL ain't that the truth.

We're moving back toward the 1980's - Mullets, big hair, Legwarmers and parachute pants anyone?

Otherwise, what's up with this weekend? Something Sunday maybe?

Rebellion is NEVER out of fashion.

I thought to say "Will talk ever be out of fashion?" but this is just more talk. Do something now. (the last sentence is directed at me...)

Make pictures now!

Yeah.

D.

post-45752-1241685229.jpg

We'll go there some day. But is so far out its an all day affair.

The location Russian airport called "Fliegerhorst Schönwalde" its not on any maps.

you´ll find it near Falkensee, "Am Silberberg",

it´s a very very huge abandoned barracks, airbase in a forest . . .

Hey, All. I'm thinking of going to this abandoned airfield on the weekend. Either day, although, I think several club members are already doing something Sunday morning. I have a car and can take three additional people - four if we squeeze.

Lolo, do you have actual directions, GPS coordinates, etc. I can Google them but if you have them it would help.

Cheers,

Paul

In the interests of self-parody I ought to point out that on the day I too was dressed in black, and wearing a 1977 Sex Pistols 'God Save The Queen' tee-shirt :) I was only stopped from putting safety-pins through my ears because I couldn't find any (safety-pins that is, not ears).

As another suggestion for a place to visit and snap photos, does anybody know about Fort Hahneberg http://www.forthahneberg.de/cms/website.php on Heerstrasse? It looks like a fortress from the Franco-Prussian war that has been neglected by the DDR and gone to ruin. Lots of interesting decay and rampant wildlife.

Hey, All. I'm thinking of going to this abandoned airfield on the weekend. Either day, although, I think several club members are already doing something Sunday morning. I have a car and can take three additional people - four if we squeeze.

Lolo, do you have actual directions, GPS coordinates, etc. I can Google them but if you have them it would help.

Cheers,

Paul

"Schönwalde am silberberg" in Google earth takes you straight there. Theres loads of photos marked on , looks pretty interesting.

But yeah we're going underground on Sunday morning into the Berliner Unterwelt. Berliner Unterwelten Tour. But that should finish by mid-day so if you're off Sunday later it might be possible.

Lolo, that ad you mentioned, ironically it has been banned recently as the company don't offer insurance to musicians, so it was deemed mis-leading ;)

Would some of you guys be up for the hospital in Beelitz in a couple of weeks?

provisionally yes, would love to - we have quite a few visitors at different times in May, so depends when.

For me it doesn't matter if it's also in June. I was just throwing the idea in the air because I would love to go, but not alone and I don't really have anybody right now who would be interested.

excellent, I really would love to visit this place! I can do 23rd/24th May, otherwise any time after start of June is good.

For anyone who doesn't know it, heres a set on Flickr with some info notes http://www.flickr.com/photos/breakdennis/s...0680529/?page=2. Also put "Beelitz Heilstätten" in Google earth and you get more pics.

Beelitz Heilstätten is about 45 mins from Berlin centre, direct train, station near site and I think only one stop outside of zone C.

Ditto to Beelitz - I'd love to go sometime.

the fort looks frigging awesome - I'd like to go there too. (runs over and adds them to the list on Flickr.)

We could check the weather and choose the 23rd or 24th of May when it's closer :)

Hi all - just saw this

May 12, 2009 - at 2PM - The old closed Airport Templehof is opening again for one last tour - especially for flickr users. I've enjoyed photographing this airport very much, and for those of you who remember that this will be the 60th anniversary of the Berlin airlift, you may want to go see this piece of history - before it's more decrepit and damaged than it already is. More info at:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/berlin-berlin...57617645843443/

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2569887

Both are German, but perhaps you'll enjoy - if so, I can't wait to see the photos!

2618804535_2834d7bb50.jpg

2619603772_b9e5c3e39c.jpg

We could check the weather and choose the 23rd or 24th of May when it's closer

sounds good :)

How was the base yesterday?

I'm working, so you're on your own... I don't know how late it's open - I just know it's starting at 2pm. ;) Maybe I can feign being sick or something...

I'm up for more trips with you guys, if I can somehow fit in the hiking trips as well.

Damn...so much to see, so little time...

Busy in Berlin

Jade