Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

Where do we meet? I have only been to a few places in Kreuzberg, most memorably: Tiki Heart Cafe/Bar on Orianenburger str.

this place? http://www.qype.com/place/91033-TIKI-HEART-Cafe-Berlin

OK lets meet there at 12:30 - TIKI HEART Cafe, Kreuzberg, Wiener Str. 20, not far from Görlitzer Bahnhof on U1.

Who is turning up?

Just watched the news, pics of rioting last night in Kreuzberg, they started early.

We posted at the same time...

Yes I will be there. Am I nuts?

deebee

I will be at Tiki Heart as well. Can't guarantee 12.30 though. Maybe 1pm. I really don't want to start right at 1pm and walk in the middle of the protestors and all that. I want to take my time strolling along the outskirts of the mayhem.

great, see you both then - will prob be more like 12:50 when we get there. And yes, I don't think starting at 1:00 is necessary, time for beer first :)

k hoping to join too - will text and find out where y'all are - got lots done this am. :) It's too nice to stay inside anymore and clean.

I ended up leaving before anyone arrived. Oh well. Had a nice day though.

D.

sorry we missed you! We had a nice time too, I think - but we wound up getting split up in the crowds, unfortunately. Such is life with 1/2 of Berlin being at one big party, I suppose.

Good pictures though :).

Yep sorry we missed you Deebee, hopefully we'll get to meet you on the next outing. It was a fun day, good atmosphere. I managed to lose everyone somehow, but it was kind of crowded.

Schwerin yesterday was great fun too, just sorting out piccies.

Rose, you mentioned Quedlinburg - whilst I remember, I checked on trains, its 3:16 from Berlin with a change at Magdeburg. It looks very photogenic though, would definately like to do a trip there. And if we had time, we could spend an hour or so in Magdeburg on the way back - not sure whats there, but it does have a building by one of my fave architects, Hundertwasser http://www.gruene-zitadelle.de/englisch/ which would be good to photograph!

Been to Magdaburg - it has a beautiful gothic cathedral with tons of gargoyles, a convent with a convent walk that dates from the Roman times, and some city walls left. It's really nice.

Set on Magdaburg at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phoenixesrose...57602908058087/

Set on Quedlinburg at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phoenixesrose...57601116017998/

and if we go to Quedlinburg - we need to go to the Broken (highest point in northern germany) and/or Hexentanzplatz.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phoenixesrose...57601116519478/

I've got company this weekend - not sure if we'll do trip or if we'll hang out in city - yet to be decided. :)

Hi, All. I'll be back in Berlin tomorrow so would definitely be interested on something for Saturday and/or Sunday.

BTW, I just upgraded to Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2.0. Now, I have to figure out what to do with them!

Paul

nice piccies Rose, thanks for the links!

I've got company this weekend - not sure if we'll do trip or if we'll hang out in city - yet to be decided.

thats ok, we can make a democratic decision for next weekend nearer the time! If anyone has any suggestions, throw them in.

Nice new software Paul, I'm still on CS3, must upgrade sometime. Btw this book is a pretty useful reference http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-CS4-...247&sr=8-38

Just had chance to look at your pics too Deebee, very enjoyable! I was a bit pissed the demo was so non-demo, but looking back it reminded me more of a 'reclaim the streets' type event, which in any case is more fun!

I was a bit pissed the demo was so non-demo, but looking back it reminded me more of a 'reclaim the streets' type event, which in any case is more fun!

You were a bit pissed? How many did u have? ;) Apparently rioters don't wake up til 3pm, so we missed the 'real stuff':

http://steveryanphotography.wordpress.com/...ts-berlin-2009/

Not much of a riot, but that's because the global economic situation has put a strain on the rioters' ability to buy Che Guevara shirts. But ya gotta admire the 12 kids who showed up to throw 12 stones at some cops.

Ok, so next year's May 1 TT photo meetup: the 6pm group, not the 1.30. Agreed?

db

p.s. had a good time talking to the Boyz in da Hood:

post-43556-1241389189.jpg

post-43556-1241389197.jpg post-43556-1241389202.jpg

Too funny - the pictures from you and the link posted. I particularly (from the link) enjoyed the press guy in the hard hat - such a fashion statement.

Not much of a riot, but that's because the global economic situation has put a strain on the rioters' ability to buy Che Guevara shirts. But ya gotta admire the 12 kids who showed up to throw 12 stones at some cops.

Well, you've got to blame post-modernism really; 'no more hero's any more', just marketing recycled iconic images for the Revolutionary-pose target group of consumerist youths after an 'alternative' image.

'They sell 501s and they think it's funny, turning rebellion into money' - Chumbawamba (after Joe Strummer). Oh Lordy, and don't get me started on that 'Renault’s Dacia Revolucion' advert with Castro, Luther King, Guevara, Gandhi, Luxemburg, Lenin etc in order to sell A CAR! 'It’s time for another revolution', yes and this time the first ones up against the wall will be the c***s in the marketing industry, selling things we don't want, to people who can't afford them, out of resources that diminish the environment!

Not so much 'turning the world upside down' and the spirit of the barricades of 1789 and 1968, as getting a mobile phone video of yourself throwing a cobble-stone at the Bulle to share with your mates on You-Tube to prove how well-hard you are.

Tsk, yoof of today, don't know their Errico Malatesta from their bleeding Pierre-Joseph Proudhon; mainly as neither made it as an (even ironic) poster pin-up boy.

'There is no future in England’s Berlin's dreaming.'

Like your photos of the punks though. Did anyone tell them that image went out of fashion about twenty years ago?

Sorry - this is getting a bit off topic isn't it?

The punk look is so out. I have to agree with your views. Have you seen the ads with Iggy pop does for car insurance. Marketing has gone too far.

Personally I think IN is OUT.

Hip is OUT

OUT is IN.

Fuck it.

D.