Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TT Berlin Photography club photo meet up

915 posts in this topic

I'd like to see Schwerin as well. From what little I know about about it, it has some things of much interest to me: ocean, island castle, and a pretty decent beer. ;)

db

p.s. anyone from the Cottbus trip have any shots of me riding the dragon like a camera cowboy? Can you email me one? Y'all know what I mean if you do; anyone else reading this will be thinking 'WTF?'

Friday, 1st of May in Schwerin sounds good. It is probably smart to be out of Berlin/P-Berg on this day as there is the traditional May Day riot in the Mauer Park which does not excite me. Count me in for Schwerin then.

D.

Starting list for 1st of May in Schwerin (I have a dogsitter that day - so all is good for me if we stay late or whatever)

phoenix-rose

lolo

jade

deebee

dunkin'berliner

callie

(lolo/Dunkin/Callie - are your SO's going?; Jade - you riding up with us or meeting there?)

Ok - according to:

http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/p...rmany/swt.shtml

Happy-Weekend-Ticket

You are a tourist or you are travelling within a certain region or at the weekends? Here you find information about the Happy-Weekend-Ticket

Valid for up to 5 persons travelling together and for parents travelling with their children aged 14 or younger on Saturdays or Sundays between 0:00 a.m. (midnight) until 3 a.m. of the following day for only 37 EUR if you buy your ticket online.

so, we can't use a happy weekend ticket on Friday.

However - Regional tickets : http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/p...r_tickets.shtml

Länder-Tickets

You would like to travel for a whole day during the week?

In that case one of our Länder-Ticket is your best choice. You can use the ticket with up to five people and you can book the ticket online.

Travel in the Bundesland (federal state) of your choice. Most Länder-Tickets are valid also on Saturday and Sunday. They are valid from Monday to Friday for one day of your choice from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day (on bank holidays for the whole day). Some tickets can also be used for nighttime travel, they are valid from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning.

For up to 5 persons traveling together or for parents (or one parent or grandparent) traveling with any number of their children or grandchildren under 15. The ticket is only valid for one day in 2nd class.

It can be used on all local trains (Interregio-Express, Regional-Express, Regionalbahn, S-Bahn) and the entire transport system of the Verkehrsverbünde. In some Bundesländer you can buy a supplement of 13 EUR to be able to take IR- or D-trains. Tariffs, terms and conditons can vary.

the price for a Mecklenburg-Vorpommern-Ticket (Mecklenburg-West-Pommerania-Ticket) -

Package price: 26 EUR if you buy online or at the ticket machine. 28 EUR if you purchase at the Reisezentrum.

Someone with better German (lolo maybe?) than I have should check with the DB and make sure we can just buy that "state" ticket - and that the ABC Berlin ticket would be ok for the "in between" or what exactly we need for the "in between" part of Brandenburg, outside the ring.

I'm leaning Friday (just because I think the trains may be less full for the flower show - some will have to/want to work). Plus - if Werder yesterday was any indication - I swear half of Berlin was there - and there was NO room on any of the trains.

I was thinking friday would be the worst day with it being a bank holiday everywhere. Experiences with trains/sightseeing on bank hols have not been good.

well we can move dates - I don't mind. Guess we should hear from those who wanted to go?

(there are always the Kreuzberg Riots on May 1... that could be interesting fun instead)

Actually I quite fancied the riots, lol!

Of course, if we wanted the quietest day, its probably sunday. I do personally really hate sightseeing and trying to take photographs when somewhere is over busy. I'm more likely to start a small riot of my own if its really bad.

But yes we should hear what everyone else prefers - which day is best for everyone going?

Friday is the best day for me, I am playing with my quartet in the B-Flat Saturday evening and don't want to be tired.

Rose, as no-one else seems fussed about what day we go to Schwerin, shall we just say Friday so Deebee is fresh for his thing on saturday evening?

So the list is:

phoenix-rose

lolo

jade

deebee

dunkin'berliner

callie

serenissima

still need confirmation on lolos and dunkins SOs?

Re the tickets, I'm sure we'll need two Länder tickets, one for Meckpom and one for Brandenburg. So is that 53 euro for 5 people? Or at the moment 106 euro between the seven going?

Sounds fine with me - the 8:58am train is early, but since I have a dogsitter, I'll say let's do it.

Otherwise, it's 53 euro for one ticket, which is up to 5. If we have 7, then yeah it'd be 106/7 - though I did change the title - in case someone wants to go with - photo group or not :).

excellent :)

The 8:58 train is early, hope they have loads of coffee on board. Seems they only go every two hours though, so next is 10:58 getting to Schwerin at 13:45 - can do that if you prefer? Looks like the last one to get back is 18:12 with a change at Rathenow - otherwise its a very long journey back.

I'm definitely interested in Schwerin for Friday. Isn't May 1 also a state holiday? If so, Gabi may also want to come along. But then again, don't the goofball smokin' punks destroy Kreuzberg every year on May 1? Good phot opps and the tasty smell of tear gas to consider...

db

Burning cars in Kreuzberg, bring marshmallows n sticks:

http://icommunity.tv/node/135

Eye of Le Tigre !!! :

858 train was HBF I think.

Yes, May 1 is a holiday, and yes, they go all Rioty in Kreuzberg on that day - though i'm not sure how/where/when that would happen. (ahh the joy of being young, stupid, and causing anarchy and chaos... or something).

I have a dog sitter - for Friday, so if we switch to another day, The sooner I know, the better.

Also talked to Johnny - he may go - he's running it past the S/O now.

858 train was HBF I think.

Yes, May 1 is a holiday, and yes, they go all Rioty in Kreuzberg on that day - though i'm not sure how/where/when that would happen. (ahh the joy of being young, stupid, and causing anarchy and chaos... or something).

They've got the May 1 posters up in Friedrichshain, though it seems there are several time conflicts: 13h, 18h, etc. Or izzit C.H.A.O.S. splinter groups? What if they clash by mistake in the mist and attack each other instead of the polizei? It would be...ANARCHY!!!

Yes, these shindigs definitely carry the odd whiff of teen spirit. And tear gas. And goofballs.

I'm seriously torn between the aforementioned random pointless civil destruction and Schwerin. I will make my decision and post by tomorrow. Though I'm leaning toward Schwerin because I just spent 50eu having my ccd sensor cleaned and wouldn't want it befouled by tear gas or teen spirit.

db

my sensor is filthy so maybe I should go for the tear gas. Or maybe not - let me know where you got it done though Dunkin', I'm getting desperate for a clean sensor. And how long did it take?

And yes - its 8:58 at Hauptbahnhof, then 9:04 at Zoo. Train starts at Hbf so I figure we can get seats easier from there, fight our way on and make sure if necessary.