Buying a house without an energy certificate

23 posts in this topic

No... not wasted your money as you have to provide one..

My buddy, a chimney sweep loves these jobs...   He makes a killing on them!... He pays 30€ everytime he issiues a certificate... 170€ in his pocket for typing in some info to his laptop programme

G

13 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

No... not wasted your money as you have to provide one..

My buddy, a chimney sweep loves these jobs...   He makes a killing on them!... He pays 30€ everytime he issiues a certificate... 170€ in his pocket for typing in some info to his laptop programme

But who will ask for it and when. The contract has been signed. The next step, the notar said, once the money is in our bank, we tell him and he hands over the house to the buyer. Nothing about the ausweis. 

As for the cost, yes I'm sure they love doing them.  Our man spent 15 minutes looking around the house then an hour talking about brexit and the next day, the bill arrived.

An Energieausweis is a legal requirement. It doesn't have to be mentioned in the purchase/sale contract.

It doesn't even matter what it says in terms of energy efficiency, as long as it's reasonably accurate and the buyer accepts it.