Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Psychotherapists and psychiatrists in Stuttgart

13 posts in this topic

A good friend of mine moved to Germany about 5 months ago and has become severely depressed. Can someone recommend English-speaking psychiatrists and psychotherapists in Stuttgart? He has taken medication to deal with this in the past so I think he is looking for some one who can prescribe medication as well someone who can provide counseling for his depression.

Thank you!

This is a listing of English speaking psych Doctors, Hope one can help your friend, though I cannot personally vouch for any of them.

Psychologists And Counseling Services

Clive Reuben

Marktgable 4 Böblingen Tel: (07031) 223132

Psychologist – Adults

Open Monday 11.30-13.00, Tuesday, 11-12, Wednesday and Friday 13-14. If this doesn’t suit you, leave a message

on the answering machine in English or in German. Dr. Reuben will call back and make an appointment

Gerhard Dieter Roth

Hinderburgerstr. 35 73760 Ostfildern Tel (0711) 3412061 Fax(0711) 3482899

Email: gerhard-dieter.roth@dgn.de Dr. Roth speaks fluent English.

Shelley Kraft-Hanak

Psychologist - Children

Eggertstr. 16-1 Frickenhausen Tel: (07123) 367338

American. Highly recommended. Working out of her home.

Dr. Matthias Abel

(Adults)

Calwerstr. 25 70173 Stuttgart Tel: 0711/22 17 13

Dr. Ines-Sabine Becker

(Child and Adult Psychiatrist)

Walter-Flex Str. 35 70619 Stuttgart Tel: 0711/4 79 26 11

Dr. Christina Brand

(Psychiatrist/Neurologist)

Am Wollhaus 1 74072 Heilbronn Tel: 07131/62 86 00

Dr. Jan Froelich

Büchsenstr. 15 70173 Stuttgart Tel: 0711/2 84 59 28

Dr. Wolfgang Molt

Schloßstr. 74 70174 Stuttgart Tel: 0711/66 43 55

Dr. Thomas Post

Rotebühlstr. 80 70178 Stuttgart-West Tel: 0711/61 36

Sorry to revive this ancient thread, but I am (actually my partner is) in dire need for a psychotherapist within the Landkreis Esslingen.

I have checked the website of the kassenärztliche Vereinigung and even called them in order to find a native English speaker or at least a therapist speaking English to a near native level (as I think to communicate about quite sensitive issues a therapist must be able to read between the lines), but nobody there could give me a definitive answer as to which level the doctors actually speak English, as they only get the information from the doctors themselves and have to rely on it.

Anybody around here know or know of any good therapists speaking English to the aforementioned level? My partner is suffering from severe depression for years now, but never had therapy. Our GP has put him onto medication, but without a proper therapy these don't work really...

Can't vouch for this lady but have seen her ads recently. She is American.

- Counseling and Psychotherapy -

- Individual - Marital -

- Practice in Stuttgart since 1994 -

- Strict Confidentiality -

- Bills in English - some evening hours -

- convenient location -

- no medical referral necessary -

- call: 0711 184-7789 -

www.dr-applezweig-psychologist.com

Also this one

http://www.wix.com/vrlang/counseling

She says she deals with depression issues but not sure if you need someone who can dispense anti depressants.

Thanks for the reply, however I should have mentioned that we are looking for a therapist approved and registered here in Germany that takes on patients under German public health insurance (our GP obviously happily provides the referral).

From the looks of it Ms Applezweig's fees are only reimbursable by American private insurances while Ms Lang is not even a fully qualified counsellor yet...

If anyone else has any suggestions that fits all (speaking English to a native level, German approved and registered and paid for by public health insurance), we would be eternally grateful.

Hello Mrs Sheffield!

Dr. Clive Reuben in Böblingen is a native English speaker from Britain; I do believe he takes German insurance.

Tel: (07031) 223132 Psychologist – Adults

I hope you are able to find the help you need for your partner.

Hello All

In response to the above comments, I would just like to introduce myself.

My name is Valerie Lang and I am an American providing counseling to English speakers in Stuttgart. My qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and the completion of the course work toward a Master of Arts degree in Professional Counseling. I work with individuals, couples and groups.

My orientation to counseling is relational, in that I believe relationships are key to finding both psychological and emotional health. I take a holistic approach to counseling, integrating psychology, physiology, and spirituality; I draw from several psychological theories and make every effort to match the counseling approach to the specific needs of my clients.

If you are struggling with some issues at the moment, please feel free to schedule a consultation. This will give us the opportunity to meet and discuss the nature of your current situation. During this time, we can both decide if I am the best person to provide the services you need in order to meet the goals you have for counseling.

If you have any questions, pleases just ask! My email is: info@valerie-lang.com. I look forward to meeting you.

For more information please see my website www.valerie-lang.com

* At this time, my services are not covered by the German national health insurance, Tricare or other private insurances. I am a member of the American Counseling Association and adhere to their code of ethics. If I determine at anytime that my client’s needs are beyond my area of expertise, I will assist them in finding another professional who specializes in their particular area of need.

I recently was with this psychologist Dr. Parul Cedilnik for my daughter. She is in Vaihingen-Stuttgart area and best way to reach her is ph: 0157-7536-7424. She also works for adults. I am really satisfied with her and see some improvement in my daughter right after 2-3 sessions. Her services are not covered with any insurance, but are worth to pay for, I would say. She has plenty of experience and specially with Americans and also people who migrate and try to settle in new country/language etc. I would highly recommend, and now that I see the dates on original posts, I hope, you are already doing better.

In any case, if you need more information, you can try-

Dr. Parul Cedilnik

www.psychologyservices.de

Ph: 0157-7536-7424

Hope your friend is doing better!

good wishes from a mother who understands!

Hi all Im not sure where to post but I recently moved to Reutlingen from south Florida. To be quick I have taken adderall for 6 years. I was told that it would be 900 here, aside from that I wont name names but the dr. made me feel like a drug ddict and told me I mine as well be on heroin and thats why America has such a pill problem. I have been diagnosed by a very competant DR. in the STates really felt like that was unprofessional of this dr. to say. My mom tried to mail my meds and customs took them and want to destroy them. So I have to fight that. If any one ha sany suggestions or knows if this is true of adderal I would rerally appreciate it. :D Please a doctor who cares and doesnt judge. thanks in advance..

Email me

Dr. Applezweig, mentioned above, a fully licensed, American psychologist, is a highly respected, long time member of the community, practicing here in Stuttgart since the mid-nineties. She has many years of experience and many people who have gone to her, have recommended her to their friends. Note: She only takes American Insurance (including Tricare) and does not treat children..

Here's her information from above:

Dr. Erica Applezweig

- Counseling and Psychotherapy -

- Individual - Marital -

- Practice in Stuttgart since 1994 -

- Strict Confidentiality -

- Bills in English - some evening hours -

- convenient location -

- no medical referral necessary -

- call: 0711 184-7789 -

www.dr-applezweig-psychologist.com

Offering Professional Licensed Counseling/Psychotherapy to all english speaking people in Stuttgart, Germany. My professional counseling services are geared to individuals, couples and groups.

I've helped people face a variety of challenges and I would love to help you process your situation today. I have extensive experience working with adults, teens and adolescents.

If you want to read more about my experiences or set up an appointment, just visit my website at: www.davidaugustin.com

Kind Regards,

David Augustin, MS, LMHC

Licensed Psychotherapist

Tel. 01575-7086663

Hello all-

We are an English-speaking family here in the Sindelfingen area. I am looking for some recommendations for my two children 7, 11; for ADHD and Autism related issues. Any recommendations for a good child or developmental or behavioral psychologist for assessment and then support and interventions? I would appreciate all leads. 

Thanks