Online shops that sell South African products

24 posts in this topic

for all those south african's out there, here's a great online shop selling loads of yummy stuff imported from south africa here in germany

the website is: www.sagoodies.com

check it out!

Hey

Thanks but, 4.80€ for ProNutro, 5.60€ for Jungle oats!! . Plus Shipping?

Hehe, I dont think they will be around for too long

Cheers

Max

I don't think the prices are too bad actually! And they deliver to your doorstep. Great idea!

Oi!

Where's the van der Hum liqueur? And what about that tasty South African ginger liqueur which is just out of this world? Was introduced to these goodies by SA friends in the UK.

Any S. Africans know if these are available anywhere in Germany (preferably Berlin!)?

Great idea, but must agree too expensive! Guess I will stick with stuff my suitcases with kilos of foodstuffs every time I go back home or ship Pronutro over here by the boxful, works out much cheaper!

Great, Biltong again! There used to be an online shop based in Berlin but didn't seem to last too long. Hopefully you'll last longer.

I can get a card, just never got round to it, but remember that Metro is not only the cash and carry but they also own Real, Saturn, Media Markt and Kaufhof

I can't believe they sell Bisto gravy powder on that site, wtf? you get the best gravy mixes in Germany, who would want to buy crap Bisto. Weird!

Hey, people, this is absolutely great!!

I'm all excited about buying so many of my favourites right here in Germany, because I don't have the opportunity to visit SA so regularly to stuff my suitcases with the things that I miss. Been here for 5 years and been back to SA only twice.

I've ordered from this site, paid with PayPal and within a few days my goodies arrived - Peppermint Crisp, biltong, Snacker, REAL jelly, custard powder, Savanna ... it felt like Christmas before Christmas!!

And so what if some things are a bit expensive? I'm sure they will offer specials regularly :)

There's a new biltong mail order company (Safari Biltong Co) in Berlin run by South Africans. The stuff is good, I've ordered from them already. They have stokkies, sliced, pieces, also droewors. They told me that they will soon have boerewors too. Apparently South Africans get a discount!

I've ordered from this site

Why bother ordering from the site when you're the owner?

Surely you can just walk to your stock room and take what you please for free?

You've now been added to TT's shill posting hall of fame.

Next time you try to engage in deceptive promotional practices like this, please register with an email address that doesn't include your real name. You'll still be caught, of course, but at least make it a little harder for me.

You've now been added to TT's shill posting hall of fame.

Oh dear ... but it is probably still worthwhile ordering from SA Goodies if one is prepared to pay the price, one can't really blame them for trying to advertise. It would probably still be cheaper than ordering from Die Spens in the Netherlands or from Sussman's in the UK, for example - they charge quite a bit of postage.

Just to add more light to the topic,there is a shop that just opened in weisensee called wine and biltong,they have loads of SA foods and they are also stocking brittish foods aswell.they have boerewors,shoulder bacon,pies,pork sausages crisps cider and beer and the list goes on,FANTASTIC!!!FINALLY somewhere to get great stuff.They are in Heinersdorfer str 9 13086 Berlin,5 mins from prenzlauer allee S bahn station.ww.safari-biltong.de

"Next time you try to engage in deceptive promotional practices like this..."

Oh dear...Well...deceptive promo or te not...I for one have been a very satisfied customer of SA Goodies for over a year, and wish there was more promotion of their on line shop so as to ensure the continued service, as well as their success...so I would be the first to forgive them for the sneaky promo! It's not easy to get the word out to a limited and select potential customer base, but I am sure SA Goodies has grown their customer base hugely purely due to happy customer word of mouth!

After having supported other on line South African shops that just peetered out, have a very small stock variety, or had user unfriendly sites, it was a pleasure to find SA Goodies. They have a user friendly online shopping site, conviniet PAYPAL facility, I recieve good and friendly service..and...big bonus..an online store with an ever increasing range of products!

If there is any product you would like them to get for you, all you need to do is ask! ..and buy the way, they do have that Ginger Brandy in stock at the moment..!

They do not keep heaps of stock, so as to ensure they don't sell expired and stale products, and they sell off stock at a reduced price if it is getting close to the sell-by date. Often some items are out of stock, but this ensures that the next batch is fresh.

As for pricing, well, the goods are all imported from SA, one can expect them to be more expensive than ALDI, and besides, when I bought German products at speciality shops in South Africa, they were expesive too.

Overall a big thumbs up to SA Goodies - give them a try and you will know why!

Meg, that guy that was being so 'nasty' was the owner of the site. And the owner of the shop was pretending to be a normal customer. It's a rule around here (and many other places too) that you don't do that. Instead you pony up for an ad here on Toytown or come clean and saying "My shop is great, please please buy here".

Didn't your mum ever tell you off for lying?

"Next time you try to engage in deceptive promotional practices like this..."

Oh dear...Well...deceptive promo or te not...I for one have been a very satisfied customer of SA Goodies for over a year, and wish there was more promotion of their on line shop so as to ensure the continued service, as well as their success...so I would be the first to forgive them for the sneaky promo! It's not easy to get the word out to a limited and select potential customer base, but I am sure SA Goodies has grown their customer base hugely purely due to happy customer word of mouth!

After having supported other on line South African shops that just peetered out, have a very small stock variety, or had user unfriendly sites, it was a pleasure to find SA Goodies. They have a user friendly online shopping site, conviniet PAYPAL facility, I recieve good and friendly service..and...big bonus..an online store with an ever increasing range of products!

If there is any product you would like them to get for you, all you need to do is ask! ..and buy the way, they do have that Ginger Brandy in stock at the moment..!

They do not keep heaps of stock, so as to ensure they don't sell expired and stale products, and they sell off stock at a reduced price if it is getting close to the sell-by date. Often some items are out of stock, but this ensures that the next batch is fresh.

As for pricing, well, the goods are all imported from SA, one can expect them to be more expensive than ALDI, and besides, when I bought German products at speciality shops in South Africa, they were expesive too.

Overall a big thumbs up to SA Goodies - give them a try and you will know why!

Subtlety. You're doing it very, very wrong.