German tax on inheritance lump sums from abroad

61 posts in this topic

@OP: Do the obvious and talk to a tax advisor. There might be Double Taxation Agreements that will make it easy for you. Especially real estate related tax is often only levyed in the country it´s located. You will also find that the old german tax law (that is still applyable for this year) is generous on grandchildren and that when it comes to foreign real estate it can be hard to evaluate the property for taxation. There might be some wiggle room to lower the properties value and therefor legally reduce the amount of tax you have to pay.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now