Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

'Healer' Gary Mannion to visit Frankfurt

4 posts in this topic

Between 26th and 30th November a 20 year old "psychic surgeon" and all-round New Age healer named Gary Mannion will be visiting Frankfurt, giving what his website describes as "Various workshops, demos and healings" (www.garymannion.com).

Mr Mannion first came to my attention in summer 2007, when he became the subject of a long thread on the UK-Skeptics site. When I began to investigate his claims and activities it soon became clear to me that almost every statement he makes is a lie, an evasion or an exaggeration. His claim to have cured a man's terminal liver cancer in two days was brought to the attention of his local Trading Standards office, who threatened him with legal action if the claim was not removed or re-worded. Mr Mannion has also been threatened with legal action by Northwick Park Hospital in London for claiming that their Head Physiotherapist "Manesh Naidoo" was one of the "leading medical professionals" with whom he worked; there is no such person as Manesh Naidoo and the post is in fact held by Sangita Patel. Mr Mannion is also an enthusiastic supporter of the "Indigo Child" myth, according to which children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia, Aspergers and other disorders represent the next stage of human evolution; he frequently gives talks at which he advises parents on how to care for such children. He is primarily a "psychic surgeon", although unlike the Filipino and Brazilian frauds he doesn't pretend to remove tumours from the body and thereby run the risk of the material being identified as animal tissue and fake blood. However, he does claim to be assisted by 37 invisible surgeon helpers, the chief of whom is none other than the Abraham of the Old Testament!

The extent of Mr Mannion's medical and scientific ignorance is staggering. Here are a few quotes (his spelling throughout):

"Didn't science once thing the Earth was flat?"

"Most of the technolagy we have now, didn't sciene laugh at the idea when it was first mentioned stating it was impossible? Yet we have it not and science fully except it."

His get-out clause is also memorable: "Anything mentioned by me is MY OPINION. I do not medically claim anything and do not state that what I say is correct."

I would stongly advise anyone in Frankfurt who is thinking of attending this event to take everything Mr Mannion says with with a grain, if not a pillar, of salt!

The results of my investigation can be read here: http://www.badpsychicsgarymannion.co.uk

As this is your first post Herrn york_sceptic, we will have to also be suspect about your motives.

Who are you? Do you live in Germany? Are you seeking revenge?

Just curious.

Or perhaps york_sceptic provides the negative comments only for the other stooges to reply and balance things up. Free advertising for Mr Manilow?