TT's smartest forum member

62 posts in this topic

It's all about perception though isn't it. One or two of the mentioned 'smartest' posters have made me cringe at times - and in my mind I can imagine them sitting up late at night in yesterdays undies, eating pork chops with greasy fingers and basking in the blue glow from their computer screens.

Oops, this was love and kisses from Marshbot. Sorry Timmeh, you left yourself logged in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Marshbot, you get my vote! :D

Miaow!

@Marshbot - very true, my vote would go to DW, Donria and Keydeck but that is for a large part cause they are, or used to be, among the top posters on the forum. So if they're such bright minds, somebody should give them something intelligent to do at work ;)

katrina gets my vote hands down, especially for some very "special" information provided to me recently. ;)

grtho is great too and i'll second or third that vote for bad doggie. i also like keydeck, jimbo and showem. all pretty obvious choices.

i vote for brummie and billybob. very funny posts with zero pretension. pretty much like that out there in the real world too me thinks.

Grinner gave me fab advice about my Sky Digital.

Katrina's given me some great advice about lots of miscellaneous things.

I love reading Grtho's stuff...he's really clued up.

and Editor Bob's a brill poster of course.

Yep, it has to be said, if it's Munich or Germany related info than Katrina's your girl - same can be said for medical and employment issues. DW's your best bet if you're looking for either an argument about U.S. foreign policy or the best way to get to Mars. In fact, between them, they make pretty much everybody else entirely redundant ;)

Now I've thought about it props also to (in no particular order): 3 Lions, InflatableWoman, JML, Brummie, Jooly Booly, Owain 'Smokers must die' Glyndwyr, Showem, Ed Bob, Poots, Toast etc etc - the list goes on. TTM's entertainment value is high.

I would have to admit that Katrina comes up with some incrediably detailed answers that I am beginning to wonder if she is a professional shopper for a living? I think that she could tell you which coat is for sale on the second floor of Karstadt on aisle 3 and what the price is. :D

There are also many professional googlers on here as well. ;)

But the majority of answers on this thread proves that to get noticed, you have to be old school or overly argumentative. Many a thread started and deleted on that subject. :P

I would have to vote for TT as a collective entity is pretty amazing at coming up with a solution to just about any problem. And most of them actually work.

Dammit - you guys breed fast.
Wow, I just read that too fast and thought it said "you guys breast feed."

I think that Interplanetjanet is one fit and feisty lady.

Tanx!!! :)

Ah hell, I just started to make a list and then got worried I'd leave someone out, so forget it. There's lots of smarties on this board. ;)

YorkshireLad6 - he knows his stuff when needed.  Very concise answers.

Thanks for that. It makes all the boring sad bastards of the world such as me feel wanted now and again... Don't ever ask to meet me, however, it would spoil the fun...

YL6

Don Riina every time. Coz 'e speaka me lingo dunn'e?

Katrina.

Before I even moved to Münich I had been reading the forums and I was always impressed by her replies; I actually thought she was German!! :)

I think this is an absurd question. Being the most visible, having most posts need not necessarily mean smartest. Nor is googling and putting up links.

There are probablly dozens of brilliant people on Toytown who just don't have the same time or patience as others to read and respond to every thread. Some people like to keep a low profile. It doesn't make them any less smart.

Having said that, I rate some of the posters highly based on what I know of them so far.

Eurovol -- Intelligent, weird and sometimes has a nasty way of putting things but I am always impressed by his range and diversity of knowledge.

Interplanetjanet-- fiesty, smart and no non-sense sista. She is tough but she is also fair (mostly ;) )

Owain Glyndwr -- I am always impressed how he always has an answer for everything handy.

Kza-- I like his arguments and analysis.

BadDoggie--also has a weird way of saying things but can't deny his brilliance.

Topsy--soft and sweet way of saying things but gets straight to the point.

I am sure there are many other hidden gems but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Ya ya! i was thinking the same thing!

'smartest' is such a strange classification. To me, smarts = tact, being able to respond to something with a light-hearted and interesting/new approach.

Stephen Hawkings could probably answer everything in this forum with a scientific and somewhat boring analysis, but I love to read the personal and imaginative replies that make me laugh a bit.

Being able to argue every persons thread with a list of facts from google does not a smartie make.

But it's so true, most of the people this site has accumulated have definately got the entertainment factor down pat. It's what makes everyone come back for more I think. It's like a disease.

Smartest... hmmmm, whatever tickles your fanny. But clever?.. ahhh, yes please. Bring me more of that thank you muchly.

BadDoggie - for giving good advice

Interplanetjanet - now she can put up a good fight!!!

3 Loins - started some good threads

Kza - knows a lot, he must be reading heaps!

Joolybooly - fun loving person