TT's smartest forum member

62 posts in this topic

Having read many posts now for the last two months (as a newbie), and that I have never encountered most or all of you, I have been frequently impressed with the resources of knowledge of two posters. They cover a wide depth of knowledge and usually give some great information concerning life in Germany. My list of who has impressed me is:

1) Owain Glywndr

2) Katrina

3) grtho

Does anyone else want to boost someone's ego for the day?

Really depends on the topic, there are a variety of people here, with different strengths and weaknesses.

@pepper

Yes I agree with your response, but the people I mentioned seem to me to appear frequently on many different topics and I notice that I nod in approval or I am surprised with the clarity of their remarks. So in anyone topic it can be anyone, but when the same people make me notice their comments in forum after forum...And of course this is only for anyone who has ever been impressed with someone's help or knwoledge.

[snip]

I have been frequently impressed with the resources of knowledge of two posters. [snip]

1) Owain Glywndr

2) Katrina

3) grtho

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like you can be easily impressed by knowledge :D

Just kidding.

I think, especially in matters of science, DrivinWest belongs there as well, although he is a bit of a hothead when it comes to America ;)

Pepper is so right, btw.

P.S.: This thread will be viewed a zillion times. "Is my name there?". Admit it people. You know you wanna... I know I do.

I tend to be more impressed by people who make me laugh. In depth knowledge on most topics is too easily faked with a google search.

I would not count myself as one of them!!! As I frequently type something and then never read it again before sending them and I always notice that I have made one or two typos, such as the subtitle of this post!

I think, especially in matters of science, DrivinWest belongs there as well

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, but it's all from my arse.

although he is a bit of a hothead when it comes to America ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that's probably true :P

For me the most impressive characters on TT are Keydeck, Don Riina, and DW - mainly as they are the most consistently entertaining posters, and also bright blokes in their own right. Sadly none of the three post anything like as much as they used to back in the day when I was a Munchener <sigh>.

EDIT: Of course I've met a lot of people from TT (well , the slightly older school members anyway) and that's bound to bias my opinions. Not only that, but I've yet to meet any really stupid people as a result of TT - as targetted advertising goes I don't think many websites could boast such a high count of ABC-1's (sorry I've blatantly mis-used marketing speak there).

Thanks, but it's all from my arse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's called analytical thinking my friend... Or did you really think the word comes from "analysis"?

My 3 votes would go for

Katrina - always has the answer. fact.

Keydeck - very knowledgable on the appropriate way to use a camera! :rolleyes:

Drivinwest

and of course <shameful effort on my part to get upgraded to Gold membership status/> EDITOR BOB!

YorkshireLad6 - he knows his stuff when needed. Very concise answers.

And of course DW for single-handedly defending the honour of 265 Million unfairly downtrodden people.

And of course DW for single-handedly defending the honour of 265 Million unfairly downtrodden people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's 294 Million beeotch! Get it straight!

:D

My votes for Keydeck, BadDoggie & Kza.

From all the - er, 'sensitive' topics I've seen them posting on they've refrained from ranting, squalling like babies or throwing their toys out of the cot.

Quality postings, my friends.

It's all about perception though isn't it. One or two of the mentioned 'smartest' posters have made me cringe at times - and in my mind I can imagine them sitting up late at night in yesterdays undies, eating pork chops with greasy fingers and basking in the blue glow from their computer screens.

It all makes for very good entertainment though. Nice work!

:D

Oops, this was love and kisses from Marshbot. Sorry Timmeh, you left yourself logged in.

Well, we all love you too. Timmeh can't mean me, I don't have a computer at home or even like pork chops... ;)

There are lots of people on here that I find very smart and I tell them that to their faces.

As for me, I'm just helpful, not smart per se.

I have the time at the moment to be helpful, I speak German well (which helps with the googling kza, though I don't have google down the pub for those questions I get when I'm out) and have lived here quite a while. That's all. Being helpful isn't a bad thing either, it doesn't need to be an ego trip, it doesn't require gratefulness, isn't always about showing off, being helpful can sometimes be just that.

And that is how I am.

There are many topics here where I can't help, where I have no idea at all (just look at the many science or programming ones or the sat telly ones - or cars? No idea, none at all, I just look at the colour). Ask me about shopping or general daily life stuff, then I might have some idea.

If someone thinks I do a good thing here, then I'll say thanks, but I'm not all that, TTM is just a sum of parts. It is ToytownMunich not ToytownKatrina after all.

The compliments are very flattering but a wee bit embarassing frankly.

I'm probably going to get shit for posting that but that is how I feel.

I am most impressed by the posts of Katrina and Kza. They both have a good deal of knowledge and generally make thoughtful and seemingly valid remarks.

Regarding intelligence... probably the brightest bulbs don't post too much. They just don't have that much free time on their hands and have better things to do than start threads like this. ;) (That was a joke for the sarcastically inept.)