M&S, Topshop, and Next now deliver to Germany

67 posts in this topic

What kind of store is Primark?

Last week I saw soooo many people withbags from those, soon one is opening in Essen too!

It depends what you're reference points are. I mean I come from a background where M&S and Next are top of the range, and Primark mid-market, but here designer labels aren't just for the super-rich and those with less sense than money.

I'd say an odd combination of being downmarket of C&A in terms of style, while being higher quality in terms of the actual construction of the merchendise.

For anyone who has ordered clothing from John Lewis and found it an easy and user-friendly experience, be warned that the website is now "new and improved".

The new website is complete with enhanced functionality, search and design, incorporating new-style product pages and improved search function

John Lewis launches new website

For women's clothing, "improvements" include:

• elimination of brand-specific size guides (so you can't be sure of the correct size to choose unless you're already familiar with the sizing of the numerous brands),
  • elimination of the option of narrowing down a selection by sleeve length,
  • elimination of the option of viewing a large number of items on one page,
  • introduction of an international delivery group option which marks roughly two thirds of women's clothing as unavailable for international delivery.

There are also apparently problems with the payment system:

The card types are not correctly recognised and the 3D card secure system does not work on this website .Who ever helped John lewis to set up this new website should never be used again because they have scammed John Lewis into paying for a website which is substandard compared to rival company websites .

The New John Lewis Website is an absolute Nightmare!

Minor irritation, but the M&S European website doesn't seem to take credit cards that aren't from the UK, Germany, Austria or Belgium. (My mother had offered to buy me some kitchenware, but she couldn't put her Australian credit card details in.) I paid and she will reimburse me, but it's worth knowing if you don't have access to one of those cards and don't want to/can't pay via Lastschrift.

It looks as if the restrictions on overseas clothing deliveries on the new John Lewis site are not a problem with the new site but a new policy. Only a small proportion of the clothing is now available for overseas customers, often items which have been reduced to clear or are already out of stock [sic]. I tried to order a couple of clothing items marked as "not available for international delivery" but the best they could do was to propose an exhorbitant delivery charge (over £30 rather than £7.50 standard charge).

By contrast, M&S imposes no restrictions and House of Fraser appears to impose no restrictions on delivering clothing abroad and will also reimburse the cost of the delivery charge (£6 from UK to Germany) if you return an order.

For those not skinny enough for top shop and gap there is a German Simply Be and if you put 9428 in when you pay you get 20 % off, there is a sale going on too so bargins a plenty!

<-@

I love Next - I can always find at least one item of clothing I like no matter what month/season. But I would never shop online with them as I know so many people who had problems stopping even something as basic as the next directory subscription.

AllSaints is a store I started getting into a few years ago, but they are quite pricey. I think they deliver to Europe too.