M&S, Topshop, and Next now deliver to Germany

67 posts in this topic

Don't get me started on UPS, DHL, or Deutsche Post. I've had several packages sent back to the UK. Luckily Amazon.co.uk just acknowledge that there's been a problem and resend it free of charge. I had to have it delivered to my office address for it to actually arrive.

You guys on Toytown have been so beneficial and helpful to me with EVERYTHING in Germany so first of all THANKS!! I had to add in some info as well. Overstock.com from the US is shipping international as well, very expensive shipping, but at least you can purchase high thread count sheets and other US goodies..

On Tuesday I received three parcels. Deutsche Post in the morning, UPS in the afternoon (the uk company had "lost" the house number off the end of the street address, but the guy phoned to ask where we were), and DHL (from Lands End) in the evening. So far we've not had any bad experiences with. The DHL woman tends to be a bit scatty, but I feel sorry for her doing what is obviously an extra evening job in the cold and dark. Not a choice job.

Debenhams are apparently having another 3 day spectacular tomorrow to Friday with 20% off again this week. No delivery to Germany but good for ordering online and having it delivered directly to UK.

The last M&S Thursday one day sale was timed to co-ordinate with the Debenhams promotion so might see another one this Thursday with any luck.

Yes, just got mail from M and S. They have a 24 hr sale with 20% off beginning midnight tonight. The code for the checkout is ONEDAY20

having never been to a topshop and reading about you gals drooling over their stuff, i passed one in copenhagen and actually went it. it's kind of like a better version of H&M, am I right? they had a kate moss rack of 5 or 6 pieces of clothing. i tried on a dress. even a size 40 wouldn't go over my hips. my bf had to help me out of the dress cause the arms were so slim. i got into the dress, but not out easily. the sweater dress i tried on (size 38) looked like a tent.

There is one in Gelsenkirchen (avoid on Saturdays as really crowded). Primark's site says that there is one in Bremen and Frankfurt too.

They're currently refurbishing the building they're opening in in Saarbruecken.

What kind of store is Primark? :lol:

Last week I saw soooo many people withbags from those, soon one is opening in Essen too!

I'd even welcome a Penneys (Primark) here, the Guv's wife went to the one in Frankfurt and reported back that it was pretty good.

One of the happiest days here was when Dot Perkins started delivering to Germany...to say nothing of M&S

What kind of store is Primark?

Last week I saw soooo many people withbags from those, soon one is opening in Essen too!

A very crappy one. The one here in Bremen is always absolutely rammed with 14 year olds buying cheap glittery fashion items that will make them look like 24 year olds with no taste and fall apart after one wearing. saves cleaning bills, I guess.

While Im here - Weve just resolved an immense PITA situation with Next online, whereby they completely ignored the payment we had made from Germany, sent us repeat reminders and got to the stage of threatening to send bailifs to my mothers house (in the UK) before being told to FOAD and then suddenly finding our (correct) payment.

Kunde is definitely not König with those pillocks.

Heh. Primark just opened in Hannover and I hear there's an hour wait for the changing rooms because of all the 14 yr old girls in there.