M&S, Topshop, and Next now deliver to Germany

67 posts in this topic

Hopefully, the UK economy will go so tits up that more retailers will think it is worth the effort to post abroad. Are you listening John Lewis?

Well, as well as M&S (Katrina was overly excited when I gave her this news last night), have recently noticed Top Shop and Next are now delivering to Germany too so it is def getting much better!

Toytownvertising? TT should get a cut if you are pimping M&S.

At least with amazon you can set up a system to get referral $. So if your site sends people to amazon and they purchase, you make money...

M&S is a cultural institution to British people.

Also bringing decent bedding to Germany could be classed as humanitarian work.

It is also a health and safety issue - no longer will we struggle with 6 multipacks of vests (that's an item of underclothing btw) in our carry-on bags. No more the quandry: new quilt or sheets as hand luggage? No more strained backs carting new actually affordable sports bras across the continent.

Think of the enviromental impact: fewer people will fly purely to buy new socks (I know some that do).

Spread the love people.

On a similar note I also read that PRIMARK are looking to enter the Germany and Dutch markets. Their hope is that they can buy some floundering chain of stores to get past the entry barrier of finding primesite floor space...

yirs! it looks like Gideon may be right.

100 stores in Germany yay!

The news of the possibilty of stocking up on higher quality goods by post and the opportunity for grabbing cheap and cheerful basics in colour schemes and fabrics which do not suggest a soviet era warehouse surplus could be too much excitement for the expat community to bear in one day.

Coud anyone be a dear and pass me my pills please?

Analysts believe that eventually Primark could open 100 stores in Germany, where the country's £40 billion fashion market is dominated by C&A

Ermmm, don't bloody think so. :blink:

´Next` just charges 5 pounds delivery charge!! How brilliant is that? will def be ordering for xmas, oh and the thought of getting some decent king size quilts again...HEAVEN

the little things in life that makes one smile :D

Primark would blow C&A out the water, it is amazing, especially for accessories and the basics. Fashion stuff I would leave to TopShop, although I do think it's got more expensive recently

Oh I feel I have made a few people happy with that nugget of info. Will be interesting how the 6 week fashion lifetime fits into the german mentality, which famously couldnt get to grips with GAP's business.

What a happy thread.

What is the innovation about Primark? It is a seriously crap shop and definetly doesn't sell high-end fashion, that you couldn't find at HM CA or Aldis weekly clothes-specials for that matter...

It is cheap and fashionable. The clothes fall apart after a few washes, but that doesn't matter because that kind of "fashion-conscious" buyer doesn't wear the same item of clothing more than three times. It's a triumph of the throwaway society.

M&S are different; they do good quality at fair prices. I stopped buying there because I'd go to the pub and see someone wearing exactly the same shirt as me, but you can get away with wearing their stuff here in Germany.

Have you noticed that M and S have a one day pre-Christmas sale today, both in stores and on-line. 20 % off up until midnight. :D

It is cheap and fashionable. The clothes fall apart after a few washes, but that doesn't matter because that kind of "fashion-conscious" buyer doesn't wear the same item of clothing more than three times. It's a triumph of the throwaway society.

Is there anyone else here who thinks it is wrong to buy poorly made (most like by exploited workers) clothing that you can throw away after a few washes?

I won´t be shopping at Primark, never did.

For us 'bigger boobed ladies' :rolleyes: There's always Bravissimo who deliver to DE and who you can pay in Euros - and Brastop who also deliver out here!

M&S 20% Sale ends today. For some reason the item I just ordered was discounted 20% twice, so it was still a great deal after the delivery charge.