How many colds can one get in a season?

30 posts in this topic

I never had allergies in California (apart from morphine)... maybe I am just allergic to Germany?? :P

I am actually on doc's orders here to go to the Derm (the above allergy freaked him out and he wants proof), so maybe I can get them to test me for "everything".

Yeah, the handshake thing is out of control here.

I've found that eating a local honey is great for allergies. Make sure the honey is not pasteurized (heated to kill bacteria) and have a tablespoon with bread or in your tea... I bought mine at the local farmers market.

Another good thing is green tee, but I admit, it's an acquired taste if your not a tea drinker =)

{}

KT

Tell your immune systems to drink 3 cups of harden the fuck up...I haven't had a cold/flu/attack of gayness in at least 2 years

Time to mention this head cold going around at my work, seemingly rampant amoung cafe customers, and now invading our home as well.

Starts with lots of sneezing, progresses to two days of sore throat, day three you have a dry unproductive cough and the nasal congestion sets in, day 4-5 you have some energy and sometimes can breathe through your nose, days 6 and beyond (up to 12) you have the mainly clear gluelike snot that just keeps needing to be blown out and coughed up. It's not the flu, has no fever with it but it HANGS ON despite all home remedies of teas and herbal bon bons, steam, chicken soup, spicey foods,  rest, etc. It sucks. I had it in December  for 12 days and now a thicker snottier version of it came along last week. Round and round it goes. My sympathy to anyone in NRW that is draging around with this one. I'm calling it 'The Elmer's Glue Non-Flu.' :)

Yes I've been sick for 3+ weeks non-stop... can't shake the darn thing off me!

It's horrible, I almost made it through winter without getting sick until now.

When I first moved here I was had coughs/colds back to back for a couple of months. Since then hardly anything. 

On 3/15/2019, 9:12:18, cybil said:

Time to mention this head cold going around at my work, seemingly rampant amoung cafe customers, and now invading our home as well.

Starts with lots of sneezing, progresses to two days of sore throat, day three you have a dry unproductive cough and the nasal congestion sets in, day 4-5 you have some energy and sometimes can breathe through your nose, days 6 and beyond (up to 12) you have the mainly clear gluelike snot that just keeps needing to be blown out and coughed up. It's not the flu, has no fever with it but it HANGS ON despite all home remedies of teas and herbal bon bons, steam, chicken soup, spicey foods,  rest, etc. It sucks. I had it in December  for 12 days and now a thicker snottier version of it came along last week. Round and round it goes. My sympathy to anyone in NRW that is draging around with this one. I'm calling it 'The Elmer's Glue Non-Flu.' :)

Confirming that we got this crap in Hessen too :-(

HOW FLIPPING LONG can it last?

@sos-the-rope...about 15 days. Maybe the sunshine and end of the windy and rainy days helped? It is a nasty sort of endurance test of a cold. 

At our house, the worst days of this particular bug were around the 3rd, 5-6th with broken sleep due to the stuffed nose/that cough that followed. After that the concrete mask of snot started to loosen up and the cough was less frequent and yet more productive.

Possibly helpful if anyone is just coming down with this: 

*For the few days scratchy throat, I liked the Anginetten red bon bons (the strongest ones) (found at REWE, DM, Rossmann)

*Drank lots of hetrbals teas found at DM and Aldi for coughs and colds and otherwise lots of plain water

*Personally liked the Aldi bottle of Krauter Bronchial Tropfen (think it's 30 drops in a glass of water) in a bedside glass of water (sort of a minty taste) for help coughing up the crap and helping reducing the garbage mouth effect of all that post nasal drip

*rest, rest, rest be a total lazy ass