What would you do if you won the lottery?

89 posts in this topic

I just had a random thought about how lovely it would be to win the lottery, because I am reading about all these amazing places in England. I would love to just go from place to place, slowly, eating all the various foods, hitting all the festivals, and looking at all the lovely estates. There is just so much beauty there, that it would take millions (or at least a few 100,000s) to take it all in, which would be a dreamy way to spend a couple of years.

I just had a random thought about how lovely it would be to win the lottery, because I am reading about all these amazing places in England.

Did you mean to say some other country, but by accident say England?

The Lotto jackpot is 21 million EUR at the moment, so today was one of those few days I actually bought it.

I do the lotto most weeks, it's a fairly cheap bit of fun. Of course I lose more than I win, but I can afford it and I may just win enough to retire early on.

in the once in a blue moon that I did play the lottery (have yet to do so in Germany), I thought of it as my expense on entertainment for the day. I could go around that day and dream of what we would do, where we would move etc. if we were to win. I usually would hold out for big jackpots to make it worth my while B)

I once got 4 out of 6 numbers right. The payout, was a measly $150. I was still ecstatic! Statistically, I figure I will never do better than that, but what the heck, $1 is cheap entertainment. And some people do get struck twice by lightning (granted they might be standing on the top of a mountain holding a big metal pole...)

If I won the lottery, €21 million tax free, I would splurge on:

1,000,000 for a Bugatti Veyron 16.4

•100,000 for an Audi RS4 & VW Golf R

•500,000 for a house

•25,000 for a new wardrobe

•100,000 pocket money

And then invest:

•500,000 in McDonald's

•500,000 in Burger King

The one phrase I cannot stand is "investing in the lottery". The lottery is not an investment - it is a game for which you are paying. If you look at it like that and dont bet more than you can afford to loose then it is a bit of fun with a 140 million to one chance you could strike lucky.

To put it another way. If you do the lottery there is an infintesimally small chance of winning a jackpot. If you dont play then there is no chance at all.

I put 2 lines on (I can afford it). I don't expect to win anything. However, the thought that I might just .... has helped to keep me sane at times that everything else was crumbling to pieces.

What would I do with a Jackpot - nice mental game to play but, after I have spread it around the family and all the deserving causes, I don't think I would have much left.