Niederlassungserlaubnis für Hochqualifizierte

291 posts in this topic

I have just had a phone call with the Embassy of Germany in Ukraine, and they told me, that they don't have any information about the Blue Card program, because this law wasn't ratified yet - it's only in project at the moment.

So I don't understand what's happening, on the Internet lots of websites are saying, that this law came into effect on August 1st, but embassy is saying, that the law isn't working yet.

Here are the news that are saying that the law is entering into force on the Germany Federal Foreign Office and on the Make It In Germany.

Anybody knows when the law will really came into effect?

Hello Engelchen,

I am following up with your posts for quite some time. Based on your posts and Trust7.com posts, i have applied for NE under para 19 last month in Frankfurt. I was following up with the foreign office enquiry about the status of my application for last 2 weeks. Everytime they said that the application is pending with their team lead for approval and given his contact number also. After trying the team lead number for 2 weeks, finally today i have gone to foreign office to check my application status. The officer checked with the team lead and came back to me saying that they have sent some reply to my employer. But my employer is nothing to do with my application, employer has only provided a letter for this application. I have asked for a copy of the letter. I am yet to receive the same. In mean time, i need your help to find a good lawyer in Frankfurt to get some opinion. Advance thanks for your help.

I have just had a phone call with the Embassy of Germany in Ukraine, and they told me, that they don't have any information about the Blue Card program, because this law wasn't ratified yet - it's only in project at the moment.

last week I applied for a regular work & residence permit at German embassy in Switzerland

when I asked an officer about the Blue Card program, she said that it's only for job seekers and doesn't apply for me since I already have a contract :blink:

@HAVEGUTS

As far I understand you still do not know what is in the letter.

I assume they could ask for some more information from employer concerning you and your qualification etc.

Could you give the information about your case how long are you in Germany. was salary sufficient for application

Thanks

Hello Persind12345,

This is my 2nd stint in Germany. Last time i stayed here for 4 months. This time i am staying here for last 6 months. My salary is higher than 68000. They accepted my application after verifying all the documents. They are ok with my position in my company and qualification. So the officer is ok with my application. But it looks like they purposefully want to stop the NE mentioning that you already having work permit till 2014, then why do you need this NE and you can apply for NE after 3 years since the blue card law has been introduced. I agree that i am yet to see the letter sent to my employer. But my doubt is if they want to reject the application, they need to send the reply to me. But they are not doing the same even after around 1.5 months.

I am totally confused and I am willing to learn what my situation qualifies for exactly from some authorized office. Whom should I write to?

The situation is:

1- been here in Germany for nearly 4 years now as a scientist with PhD.

2- employed by the same employer and will be employed for another 10 months

3- salary exceeding 44000 eur.

4- no B1 certificate yet, but can understand most of the written context and fill out forms,etc.

I have been to the immigration office and first I was told that I do not qualify for NE but I can get Blue Card if I want to. I am intending to change career (to IT since mostly I was doing IT related parts of the job in the last 4 years). I was told last week that as long as I get a job with salary above the required amounts, it is no problem. They made an appointment for this week due to some technical reason.

When I went there to get Blue Card, I was advised that perhaps this was not the best option for the NE for me. Because, it is limited, I could get jobs only in my current field and any change would require approval of immigration office. Besides, my stay and work until now would not count towards NE even if I get Blue Card. I will have one year left anyway for NE, so there was no point to change my RP status to Blue Card. I accepted this idea, I believe they were very helpful but my impression is that they do not know themselves what the people who are already here qualify for under the new regulation. (as it usually happens with a new law, there is a lack of clarity on how some paragraphs will be applied in practice.)

I want to get information from some central authority writing them personally. Which office would that be?

So I don't understand what's happening, on the Internet lots of websites are saying, that this law came into effect on August 1st, but embassy is saying, that the law isn't working yet.

The embassy people are known for their ignorance of the German laws.

Anybody knows when the law will really came into effect?

The law is in effect.

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aufenthg_2004/index.html

§ 19a Blaue Karte EU

Thanks, yourkeau, at least now I'm sure that the law is really in effect.

I wonder, would it make any help if I'll start argue with the embassy and show them information about the law on the governmental websites?

Thanks, yourkeau, at least now I'm sure that the law is really in effect.

I wonder, would it make any help if I'll start argue with the embassy and show them information about the law on the governmental websites?

Do you have a job offer in Germany? If yes, the embassy will give you a three months national visa (type D), then you come to Germany and apply for the Blue Card here. If you don't have a job offer, you have no choice but to wait until the embassy people get the proper instructions from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Do you have a job offer in Germany? If yes, the embassy will give you a three months national visa (type D), then you come to Germany and apply for the Blue Card here. If you don't have a job offer, you have no choice but to wait until the embassy people get the proper instructions from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Nope, no offer at the moment. Thanks for the idea about D Visa and getting Blue Card in Germany - might consider this when I'll have an offer.

As I have already written: I have made an appointment with ABH in July for end of September.

Without appointment the did not wanted even talk about NE or Blue Card.

Today I was by them and wanted to apply for NE (I am here 3 years, Software Engineer, None-German University Degree)

After long clarification with his boss he has told me that is not possible strait-forward to apply for NE.

I have to apply first for Blue Card and after that I will be able to apply for NE.

I told that I can come even the same day to him.

I have applied for Blue Card And he told that it may take 6-8 weeks until I get Blue Card as electronic Card

With "Termins" was really difficult, the next possible date was only in about 2.5 months.

I asked him if I could come without "Termin", he told yes.

Questions are

1) Is it really still take 6-9 weeks to get plastic card or it is already faster?

2) Can I really come without "Termin" for application of NE in my case ... Or It was misunderstanding?

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice :).

hi folks!

quick question - I'm applying under 18b - and was trying to figure out how long the process will take. Has anyone here applied for NE / Niederlassungserlaubnis under 18b ? (Absolven einer deutsche Hochschule / German Uni Graduate) - my German is fluent and I have the TestDAF - I also have a german degree and 2 years of work - will it take a long time to get this? I'm asking because I'd like to plan some travel and wouldnt want to be in a situation where I have to return early to make an appointment. Also to get a general idea of how long the process takes. Any tips and advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

hi folks!

quick question - I'm applying under 18b - and was trying to figure out how long the process will take. Has anyone here applied for NE / Niederlassungserlaubnis under 18b ? (Absolven einer deutsche Hochschule / German Uni Graduate) - my German is fluent and I have the TestDAF - I also have a german degree and 2 years of work - will it take a long time to get this? I'm asking because I'd like to plan some travel and wouldnt want to be in a situation where I have to return early to make an appointment. Also to get a general idea of how long the process takes. Any tips and advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

What I have heard NE§19 may take more than 1 month ... I have also heard rare cases when it took 6 months

I have had AE independent of Employer. I have changed job.

I have decided to apply for NE §19

They told that I have to apply for Blue Card first and even the same day (sofort, ohne Termin) after I receive it I can come and apply for NE.

Today I have received Blue Card which is bound to Employer

Just after receiving I went to them

The man I talked to was absent.

I talked to other lady and she told that I need appointment (Termin) and it is possible in about 2 Months.

I work more than 3 months for new employer (still on probation).

So in case something go wrong my Blue Card become un-valid (cause it is tied to employer).

I understand that live is not always fair.

But what I can do in this situation?

Can I somehow improve this situation ... ?

Is it worth to write the letter to Bundesministerium or somewhere else

Thanks for advice and experience.

"What I have heard NE§19 may take more than 1 month ... I have also heard rare cases when it took 6 months"

Hear about another one persind12345. Around six months ago I went to Auslanderbehörde along with my wife and kid for extending my §18 visa. The visa guy while checking my file told me that I can apply for NE given my records with him. I said why not and instead of applying for §18 for myself and dependent visa for my wife and kid, I applied for NE. After a month or so I received a letter that my Electronic Visa card is at the behörde and that I should pick it up. When I went to behörde, I was told that they can not hand me the visas yet because they have been informed by the some other official guys (Bundesdruckrei in Bonn or Berlin, I don't remember now) that they need to do some background/security checks. Once those checks are over they would inform the behörde people and then they would hand the thing over to me.

So I thought ok, good enough. Let them do whatever they want to do and I'll wait (by the way I had to pay for fiktionbescheinigung (FB) in the mean time as my visa was expiring and FB was necessary for my employer). Its been almost six months now and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I called the guy in Auslanderbehörde who is dealing with my case last week to inquire and he said that they haven't heard anything either yet and given that FB is for six months, I have again to go to Auslanderbehörde to pick that instead of NE. So figure that out.

Any ideas? Any similar cases guys? Any suggestions? The thing sometimes bothers me a lot, but then what can one do, oder?

Edit: Just for comparison with other cases discussed here, I have a MSc and PhD from German university in Engineering field and am working now in the same field.

Any ideas? Any similar cases guys? Any suggestions? The thing sometimes bothers me a lot, but then what can one do, oder?

I think what we can do it to complain and to inform proper people.

For example to write to

Innen Bundesministerium

info@bmwi.bund.de

(They reply actively)

DIHK (which was lobby of this law, fix me if I am wrong)

http://www.dihk.de/wir-ueber-uns/kontakt

BITKOM (which was also lobby of this new law, fix me if I am wrong)

http://www.bitkom.org/de/2864.aspx

Ansprechpartner Maurice Shahd Pressesprecher Konjunktur und Wirtschaftspolitik

+49. 30. 27576-114

m.shahd@bitkom.org

bitkom@bitkom.org

It was promised the welcome culture and the easiness of process etc.

At minimum I do not feel that things are easier and sometimes it is even much harder.

I think intentions of government exists but bureaucratic processes prevent them to come true.

With Best Regards

P.S.

If one will write the will not believe if many then IT MAY RESULT INTO A CHANGE.