Amateur field hockey teams

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Anybody knows where can I play amateur hockey in Hamburg?

I tried in few places, but they rejected amateurs...

--

Regards

Michal

Hiya, I don't know if it's any help, but I think the ice rink place in Eimsbuttel might have some amateur ice-hockey. I saw a kid dragging all of his stuff (sticks and pads) from Hagenbecks Tierpark station on the U2 line down there a few weeks ago. I can't think of the name of the place but Googlemap business search should help. It's just down the road from us on Hagenbeckstrasse.

hi is this thread still active?

im new to hamburg as of this year and am a keen amateur hockey player, playing at a high standard in england, was wondering if you found a hockey club with a good social, banter scene to join?

cheers

Hi everyone, I know this post is a bit old but I was wondering if anyone knows of an amateur field hockey team that I could join or ask at least? 

Cheers!

Hamburg is Hockey Town and hockey is an amateur sport in Germany. So any club will probably do :)

Google for "feldhockey vereine hamburg" and pick the one you fancy

Hi Gwaptiva, Many thanks for your reply and information. Right now I have seen hockey clubs and most of the information is about their main teams but not much details about other teams. I don't have the level anymore to play in first teams so I hope I find one that suits my skills and level. If anyone has any recommendation please let me know!

Cheers!

Don't know what your command of German is like, but I just picked MTHC's website at semi-random (mthc.de). In the navigation they have a link to Erwachsene under Hockey and list 2 men's league teams, and 4 "senior" men's hobby teams.

Of course, I'd first investigate the team closest to where I live, so it might help if you indicated what area of Hamburg you're (interested) in. I mean, if you lived near me, I'd exclude Rissen, no matter how nice a club they might be, as that's a 40+km trip through the city.