Recommended games for Macs

28 posts in this topic

I have had my Mac 6 months and I am looking for a bit of entertainment for those half hour slots of boredom. I have been seriously addicted to CIV and Baldur´s Gate in the past, but hope I have more control over myself now :)

Any Mac gamers out there? I prefer games that I don´t necessarily have to be online to play, so I have something to do when I visit my mother in law for instance who lives in a wifi free (and fun-free) zone.

Mac's are not gaming machines.. If you want a gaming machine, then get a PC. Or Run XP under bootcamp, then you can play

any game you want.

I also have a mac, Renia, and my favorite site for finding games to download is Big Fish Games. They have a really good selection of Mac games and I've bought and downloaded several, never with any problems. You can also download 99% of them for a free 1 hour trial to make sure you like them.

If anyone knows of any mac-based indie-games it would be good to know!

My list (bold = particularly good):

And Yet It Moves

Aquaria

Braid

DEFCON

Enigmo 2

Gish

Hedgewars

Jumpman

Lugaru

Multiwinia

Peggle

Peggle Nights

Penumbra Overture

Samorost2

Solitaire Greatest Hits

World of Goo

X-moto

(Via Steam) ... Portal, Half life 2 & co

Some free FPS games for Mac.

Urban Terror is free, Quake3 engine based iirc, runs on Linux too.

Enemy Territory. Also free.

There's also a great mod for Battlefield, Desert Combat, if you fancy hopping in an A-10 and "muuuuuuhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrr"ing with an airborne Gatling.

Finally finished Braid, a great game, highly recommended!

get virtualpc or similar, and enjoy the normal games ;)

hehe, yeah I used to play over Steam through VMware fusion would you believe, it just about worked although virtualization really slows things down when it comes to 3d performance. It's great we mac people don't need to do that anymore; re-playing my way through the HL2 series on hard this time, great fun!

Indy-games are where it's at though, they really push the creativity-barrier, something the big guns ironically can't afford to do!