Mother and baby/toddler group in Karlsruhe

154 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a German native speaker with fluent English looking for an English-speaking or bilingual mother-toddler playgroup in the Karlsruhe/Bruchsal region. My daughter is 9 months old and I'm 29. Does anyone know if such a group already exists or are any moms interested in founding one?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Sabine

I'm also interested in finding a group in Karlsruhe. My son is 2.5 years old and we are an Australian/German family (mid-20s). Would very much like to find some little friends for my son as he might not be starting Kindergarten until next year. We are new to the KA area :)

Hey, we are also new to the KA are and would like to meet up with someone likeminded. Me (30), my son (3) and my daughter (20 months). Where abouts do you live? We are from Eggenstein. Do your children speak English or German or both? Mine don't speak English. Would that be a problem? As long as we (adults) stick to English it should be ok. Don't you think?

Would be great to hear from you.

Bye for now.

Jule

We live in Karlsbad. My Son speaks and understands both languages. My husband and his family only communicate with him in German. Not that they have a choice, my husband's family don't understand or speak English :blink:

We live in Stutensee-Blankenloch. At nine months, my daughter can only say "mam-mam", "pa-pa" and so on so far ;-) I only talk to her in German as I'm not an English native speaker. I think it would be a good idea if the adults stick to English and the children talk in whatever language they choose. I hope my daughter's not too young for your kids...

Hey sounds good to me. How about meeting up for breakfast or in the afternoon some time next week? Since it is only three of us we could meet at my place or anywhere suitable for little ones!

Just had a look onto my calender: Would Thursday or Friday be any good?

Jule

Thursday or Friday will be fine (do you mean 6th or 7th November or the week after that??). We have no set plans for those days. I also don't mind where we meet... your place sounds fine, I'm also open to meeting at mine - that's no problem. Both of you are a 30 minute drive from me, but i dont mind the travelling :-)

PM me what you have in mind and we can make it official (hopefully).

Mommy08, don't worry about your daughter's age. My son absolutely LOVES younger children, especially babies. I'm sure they will play together :-)

Sounds great! Friday would be good for us, or Thursday afternoon. I also don't mind where we meet, Blankenloch would also be an option.

Hello again,

Shall we say Thursday 6th November afternoon 3.30 -4 pm (starting time) at my place? We can see how it goes and decide what to do next. All I need is your private mail address to forward our address.

Could you bring some cookies or whatever. I'll provide drinks. (non-alcoholic of course ;))

Hopefully it'll work out. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Love

Jule

Thursday afternoon is fine with us. I wrote you both a PM with my private e-mail address. Of course, I'll bring something to eat!

See you Thursday :-)

Sabine

Hello! Today was great, my son had a wonderful time (me too!).

So next meeting is @ Mommy08's house, Friday 14th November 10am.

Next meet-up will be next week sometime at my house. I just have to see what time is best for everyone.

New members are always welcome :-)

Hi girls,

When shall we three meet again, in thunder, lightning... ;-)

I'm looking forward to hearing from you! Jule, have you started your new job already? I'm sure you have a lot to do preparing for it.

Any other moms (or dads) interested in meeting up with the kids and chatting in English? We are always looking for new members!

Regards,

Sabine

Hey Sabine!

Will send you an email soon...

My son has a cold at the moment, so i don't think it would be wise for us to be included if you want to meet-up this week. Definately next week though. he keeps asking if we are going to play with the "kids".

:-)

Oh, I hope he will be better soon! Just write me an e-mail next week how he`s doing and then maybe we can arrange something.

Hi ladies, got this link from PueschelBaby (thanks). I will be moving to the Karlsruhe area in the next few months. I am currently living in France and expecting my first baby in Aug 09. I am interested in meeting other ex-pat mothers in the area, especially since I will not be working. I am interested in activites and outtings. It would be great to get together once I have moved there.

We are now looking for housing. From what I have read, looks like the following areas are nice: Weststadt, Ettlingen, Karlsbad, Waldbronn.

We are a couple in our early 30s so we are interested in living in an area that is nice, not too boring and has a good school system since we will be living in Germany for an undetermined period of time.

Any input would be great. Hopefully once I am installed in Germany I can have something at my house like tea and muffins.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Moraima

Hi Moraima and welcome to our group!

It would be very nice to meet up with you once you've moved to the area. Stutensee is also a very nice place to live in. It's north of Karlsruhe and the connection via train or tram is ideal. We have schools here and several kindergartens, some shops and doctors... It's rather quiet, which is nice I think for children, but not too quiet (if you know what I mean...).

Are you a French native speaker? Maybe you could teach us some ;-) I learned French in school, but that was very long ago...

Hope to hear from you again soon and all the best for the pregnancy!

Love,

Sabine

Hi Sabine,

Actually I am American, but I have been living in France for 2 yrs now. It would be nice to meet up. For the moment we still don't know when we are moving, but I will definately get in touvh with you. I am not sure how much French you have taken, but I would love to practice speaking - that would also help me keep the language fresh.

Thanks for your reply and I am looking forward to meeting you in the future.

Talk to you soon, Moraima