Tuesday meet-ups for coffee

315 posts in this topic

Hello again.

It was nice to see all those who came out today.

The cafe we tried to meet up at, is closed on Monday...which led me to think that Tuesday is actually a better day for meet-ups for me and Monday was only chosen because someone had a name for the meet up :D .

So...how does Tuesday work for everyone?

Also, I would really like to welcome more newcomers but those of you who live in other parts of town don't seem to be coming out...is this because of the location, time, date? Meet-ups in the city are always possible, but only if the interest is there.

To make this a success, I really need to hear from you and know if you are going to be there in order to choose a convenient location for the majority.

With so many amazing cafes in Hamburg I try to stay away from chains like Balzac, Starbucks...etc and if anyone of you has a place they would like to suggest please do, I always enjoy finding cosy new places.

I really hope this encourages more of you to come out and meet up with the group, we always have such a lovely time together.

Cheers,

Stephanie

Tuesday suits me better too. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

So shall we go to Sweizweit next week and perhaps in the city (if there is some interest) the following week?

I vote for someplace in the city next week, Sweizweit the following week. I feel like I've been going to Altona a lot lately! I'll try to figure out a cool place to try in the city that isn't Starbucks.

Tuesdays work well for me too.

Have a great week and remember to cheer for the All Blacks against Ireland on Saturday night!!!

If you chose a place very near Rathausmarkt, I'd join you after 12 during my lunchbreak.

Shame that you want to stay away from the chains, there's 3 Balzac near my office, they have very cosy sofas and lovely New York style cheesecake.

What about Café Paris?

Cafe Paris has come up in conversation. I love it there, but concerned that it might be too noisy, crowded and expensive for just sitting around drinking coffee, but I do like that location.

I think next week we should try and meet in the city again and hopefully there will be some more turn out.

I like Cafe Paris too but I don't think it's right for a coffee meetup. Would be perfect if we wanted to put on cute shoes and have cheese and wine a bit later in the day... ^_^

Hmm. There are some nice Starbucks downtown but I do understand wanting to branch out a bit.

@Hammonia, do you know of any places with the ambiance of Cafe May, but in city center?

I've twisted my mind already, believe me, but I'm not much of a coffee drinker as you know... and when I meet up with a friend for a tea, I quite like Balzac.

Am going to ask Jules, maybe she has an idea. She might even want to join.

Just had an idea. A couple of friends used to work in a restaurant at Alter Wall (Alsterarkaden) which has closed and is now a Café.

It looks quite nice, is easy to reach (3 min. walk from Jungfernstieg station, 1 min. from Rathausmarkt).

Maybe you want to give it a go?

It's called Café Mélange

That sounds good to me. I took a look at the website. Can't tell about their menu, but the pictures look nice - bright and open and good tables.

Next Tuesday, 11 am at Cafe Melange?

Neuer Wall 31

20354 Hamburg

(40) 37 50 34 34

Tuesdays suck for me, I work all day long...

And I work in Rotherbaum so if you were to meet another day of the week, that area (or downtown) would probably work best for me, but I know how hard it is to get everyone's right schedule, etc..so I'll just let you do you thing...perhaps one day I'll get lucky

Sounds good to me, i'll be there...

@ Girl- yeah hopefully something can be arranged so you can come along too one time, its nice to meet new faces...

I would also be interested in meeting up but as I am living in Sasel and have to pick up my youngest at 12.30, then 11.00 is a little late for me. Any chance of making it earlier (10 - 10.30)?

@Karen B, 10 is a bit too early for me, but I could manage 10:30 if others don't mind.

I can only be there short after 12 - please let me know in time if you'll still be there for a while then, otherwise I don't plan my workday around it. Thanks.

LOL, that's nice.

Am still waiting for two of my friends to give us an idea about other Cafés. If I get the chance I'll have a quick look at Café Mélange tomorrow to see what it's like.

But one thing now already: prices are generally a bit higher in city centre (bloody expensive to work here, would love to work in Harburg where everything is much cheaper), but trying to find a place with OK prices.