Tuesday meet-ups for coffee

315 posts in this topic

Is anyone still up for a coffee on Monday morning, 10th November?

Given that most people are coming from the Altona area should we meet out there or are there newbies coming along that would prefer to meet in a more centralised spot? For the newbies, as it is never easy trying to find the right table in a cafe I can bring along a small black flag with a silver fern and New Zealand written on it for the table so we can be easily spotted (the flag is the only idea I have this early in the morning! haha).

Darjeeling - you mentioned a couple of places but I can't remember the names of them (or the exact location) - are they good spots for coffee drinking?

I agree with you R&K - meeting in Altona would be more convenient if the majority are in that neighbourhood, but we are trying to encourage newcomers.

I am still up for Monday morning at 11:00 and would like to know who else is coming before we pick a location.

Hi - I'm keen to join this monday, as long as no-one minds if I bring my son along too? I have to take him to the docs at 9.30am for a check up so might not be there for 11am exactly.

Hey guys!

I was talking about Sweizweit, Grosse Reinstrasse 20. It's a very cosy cafe with a cheese counter at the entrance. Breakfast is amazing, coffee is also not bad.

I see if I can join you cause I've cancelled my trip.

Hi Guys,

I think I would be up for it and I have to say, I went to Schweizweit Cafe today and it is just perfect!

Looks smaller than it is from the outside, so I am sure there will be enough seats for us to sit.

A really cosy, sunken cafe, great coffee and great yummy food...reasonably priced too!

So I highly recommend we meet there if people are happy with the location :)

I would love to join in too, but I hadn't replied because I too will have my son and I thought he might be a little disruptive. But if you are bringing your son Shell, they could be playmates while we have a coffee. Perhaps if we both bring some toys for them to play with, and I could bring crayons and paper. The Altona area would be ideal for me too.

Oh bummer, that's too far for me! Can you try to meet maybe downtown instead sometime?? The next monday (17th) I can't but after that I should be able to, Monday mornings usually work great for me.

I am still up for Monday morning at 11:00 and would like to know who else is coming before we pick a location.

That's fine for me, and I second that it would be nice to meet down town another time.

Just to let you know, we did meet downtown last week...but the only people who came

were one's living in or near Altona...therefore we opted for somewhere closer for those who attended.

Oh, well then, my bad. I seem to have the greatest luck of missing all the "events". Everytime I check meet-ups already happened or they're at times/places I'm not able to attend...grrrr...call me stupid, but I keep trying...

Hey guys, I'm new here at Toytown. These meetings on Monday mornings sound really interesting to me. But unfortunately I work at that time. Will there be the chance that there will be one on another day, maybe weekends?

If I knew there would be kids, I'd rather suggested CarlosCoffee, another coffee shop in Altona with kids corner! By the way, I'm coming tomorrow :)

@Bergelmir - for weekend parties, there's Nicky's thread, she's a great organizer and fun person. Somehow she's really quiet recently.

I'm a regular at Carlos, and it is great for kids, but it will be nice to go somewhere different. Provided there is some floor space for the boys to drive cars around I'm sure they will be very happy. Be rest assured that if Tom is being a right royal pain I won't make you sit through it! :P

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Oh no! I totally forgot about this. I won't be able to make it this time, but I'll put it on my calendar for next week. I really need to get on Toytown more often. Have fun today.

Hey girls! I am just beat from my trip and all the socializing we did last night, so I'm going to stay home today. Count me in for next week tho!