'Quantum Of Solace' in English in/near Hannover

10 posts in this topic

Hi, does anyone have any tips on where to see the new James Bond in English? Someone said about "America House" but I can't even find a website for it.

Ta.

Kate

CinemaMaxx, the one in the Raschaplatz (behind the train station) is usually the place to watch blockbusters in original version (according to my colleagues, never try myself)

Yep, if they show it in English at all it will be at the Cinemaxx, either Nikolaistr. or Raschplatz. It's not showing up as an "OV" yet, but it might after the film starts on Nov. 5

Don't know who mentioned America House but it closed down years ago.

Yep, if they show it in English at all it will be at the Cinemaxx, either Nikolaistr. or Raschplatz.

Eh? Do they show English movies at Cinemaxx-Nikolaistraße? I've only ever seen ones listed at Cinemaxx-Raschplatz.

Unfortunately they seem to be cutting back on it in the last few years, too. Used to be they pretty much had one screen dedicated to English movies, but now they only show them a few times a week at best. For that matter Ufa am Thielenplatz used to have nothing but English movies (even if the screens were postage-stamp sized and the sound was terrible, but better than nothing). Sigh.

Cheers,

Fairfax71

Eh? Do they show English movies at Cinemaxx-Nikolaistraße? I've only ever seen ones listed at Cinemaxx-Raschplatz.

Probably not, now that you mention it. We don't go to the movies much and if we do it's at Raschplatz but I thought *maybe* Nikolaistr. might show the occasional OV as well.

Unfortunately they seem to be cutting back on it in the last few years, too. Used to be they pretty much had one screen dedicated to English movies, but now they only show them a few times a week at best.

I know, although it's understandable (= not much market for it), it's kind of sad. I've lived here for over 18 yrs and they used to show quite a few orginal films back in the day. Now the movies they show aren't always the most appealing ones. My kids often want to see the kids' movies in English but they rarely do those.

For that matter Ufa am Thielenplatz used to have nothing but English movies (even if the screens were postage-stamp sized and the sound was terrible, but better than nothing). Sigh.

Yes, well, that's the way it goes. I went there several times and really enjoyed the 'cosy' atmosphere. Such a shame they closed down.

But who are we to whine, eh? :)

I'm not having much sucess at the moment in finding anything.

Would anyone know if they're playing it in English at a cinema in Celle? I mean, there are squillions of British people there, right... RIGHT?

Would anyone know if they're playing it in English at a cinema in Celle? I mean, there are squillions of British people there, right... RIGHT?

If you happen to be in the Bielefeld area (about an hour away by car from Hannover), there are a couple cinemas there that show some stuff in English. The Cinemaxx downtown in particular seems to have OV more often than the ones in Hannover. There's a second one that shows mostly English movies, but I forget the name...

Other than that, Hamburg also has a cinema that only shows English movies, but that's getting even farther away. :-/

Cheers,

Fairfax71

I know, although it's understandable (= not much market for it), it's kind of sad. I've lived here for over 18 yrs and they used to show quite a few orginal films back in the day. Now the movies they show aren't always the most appealing ones. My kids often want to see the kids' movies in English but they rarely do those.

Ya, I've been in the area for 15 years myself (four in Hildesheim, one in HH, the rest in Hannover). The sucky thing is that now that I have kids and would like to take them to see a movie, they're cutting back so much. Even the crummiest tiniest room in the Thielenplatz one would suit me.

I've thought about getting a beamer and making a home cinema of sorts, but somehow it's not the same. *sigh*

But who are we to whine, eh?

What's the point of living here if you don't get to bitch and moan a little? :D

Cheers,

Fairfax71