Complete FAIL

1,271 posts in this topic

Don't know if this is a fail by the National Trust or if they're being ironic and taking the piss.

NT.jpg

Taken from:  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/24/tsb_owner_declares_it_migration_demonstrates_capacity_of_technological_management/

TSB's Spanish owner Sabadell has proudly boasted about the success of its IT integration - amid widespread chaos for customers in Britain still grappling with the fallout out of a botched systems upgrade.

Last weekend TSB was supposed to complete the move of its customers' data from Lloyds' IT systems. The bank split from Lloyds Banking Group in 2013 and was sold to Sabadell in 2015 for £1.7bn.

But the shift has caused on-going internet and mobile banking outages, as well failures of in-branch services, not to mention customers inadvertently accessing the accounts of other TSB users.

Now chair of the Treasury Select Committee, Nicky Morgan, is demanding urgent answers from the bank. "Potentially millions of customers could be affected by uncertainty and disruption. It simply isn't good enough to expose customers to IT failures, including delays in paying bills and an inability to access their own money," she said.

At least Sabadell seems pleased with its efforts, claiming last night that the digital platform Proteo4UK – based on Sabadell's Proteo platform – would integrate more than 5.4 million customers and provide greater operational simplicity.

Chairman of the bank Josep Oliu, said: "With this operation, Sabadell demonstrates its capacity of technological management not only in national but also international integrations. The new Proteo4UK platform is an excellent starting point for organic business growth and improved TSB efficiency."

Indeed it does. A wonderful example of BS at its purest, waffliest and most glaringly transparent. This ain't gonna fool anybody.

Looking at her, I'm guessing she doesn't take part in many running events.

Store censors high school graduate's cake

5b0520a6a3715_gradcake.jpg.2e18ee6e351a2

The South Carolina student's mother had asked a local grocery store to print the term "Summa Cum Laude" (with the highest distinction) on her son's cake.

The store censored the term "cum" deeming it offensive and put three hyphens in its place.

Today I received one of those millions of emails related to GDPR which said

At British Airways we’ve always taken data protection very seriously...

They take my data protection so seriously that they addressed me (a male) as "Miss dj_jay_smith"!!

If you can't even text & walk, why the f**k would you text & drive?

14 people injured and 25 cars damaged by bus in Dartford, Kent

When I read the headline I assumed it was Boris at the wheel of the Brexit bus.

Ripping the piss out of the pretentious middle class here, comedy gold.  Okay Yaaaaah.