Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spending time around Hannover-Oststadt hospital

4 posts in this topic

Short story: Wife is in krankenhaus in Oststadt Hannover and i am to tired to research history. So is there any place worth eating at in the close vacinity, and a grocery store? Today was second time in Hannover and i found my way back home, i attribute that to dumb luck. And as far as hospitals go whats the general opinin to that one?

No practical advice to offer, sorry, I don't know Hanover at all; just wanted to wish your wife a speedy recovery.

the oststadtkrankenhaus is on podbielskistraße - a noisy street where you will find nothing interesting (exept cars). if I were you I would take the tram/underground "U-Bahn" (stops right in front of the hospital) direction city-centre (hauptbahnhof, kröpcke). get off after 10 minutes at "lister Platz" an have a nice stroll down the list/ostadt-high street called "lister meile". it is a pedestrian zone with nice cafés, shops, supermarkets, restaurants and even the english shop "britannia" is there.

you can hop on the train back to the hospital in the middle of the "lister meile" - 20 minutes stroll - station name is "Sedanstraße/Lister Meile" - or go further down to the next station which is hauptbahnhof and get back from there.

buy a "tagesticket für eine zone" as a single ticket costs you 2 € and a day ticket for one zone will be 3,70 € only. have some small money with you: the machines do not work with plastic. if the machine on your station is broken (happens all the time), use the machine on the opposite side (direction outwards) .

the trains will be every 7 to 10 minutes or so and all of them (Linie 3 + 9) go to the lister platz.