Private tutors for German language learning

98 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I took the advice listed here and will be meeting Kharazm Mottaghy for my first German lesson tonight. I previously took classes at MVHS. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2008‎ ‎0‎:‎13‎:‎18, The Bee said:

Hi,

Would anyone out there with a lower intermediate level of German be interested in taking classes in a group of two or three?

I have tried both larger group classes and one to one tuition - neither worked for me. I was able to avoid speaking most of the time in the group lesson and found the individual tuition very intense, especially as I was rushing there directly from work. I äm a native English speaker with a good level of understanding of German but non-existant grammar and am only able to speak in very basic sentences. Want tü focus on oral and grammar. Am interested in 2 evenings per week (Tues & Thurs) 1.5 to 2 hrs classes.

Any takers?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2008‎ ‎0‎:‎13‎:‎18, The Bee said:

know a good SKYPE teacher here but I am level B1. I need also a  group

I wonder how much Skype tutors charge? Currently I live in a non-EU country (despite what my location tag say - I'm not living in Zagreb, Croatia) so the fee would probably be too high for me but anyway, I'd like to receive some offers via PM. My current German level is somewhere between A2 and B1, I guess.

I can also recommend Kharazm Mottaghy. He has helped me for my B1 exam. I was impressed that I told him my goal and he worked towards it whereas other German teachers have just tried to teach me German in general. He is very friendly and the fact that he is not native German means that he has a good sense of humour !! (Only kidding).

For any students that are looking to learn or improve their German, but are looking for more flexibility than the traditional class times such as Goethe Institute or DeutscheAkademie, I would like to HIGHLY recommend Regina Bender. She offers private Skype sessions for her students and tailors her teaching depending on the needs of her students. She uses the same books as those offered at the Goethe Institute, so it is very easy to be on the same track as those that go to Goethe and can easily prepare you for taking the certification exams. She is a native German speaker, but speaks amazing English to help with learning as well. To get into contact with Regina you can email her at deutsch.in.muenchen@gmail.com

I would like to recommend Kharazm Mottaghy for anyone who is searching for private German lessons. I have been learning from Herr Mottaghy for about 6 months now and my German has greatly improved. Before working with him, I was taking intensive German classes with a local school and often felt like my time was being wasted. With Herr Mottaghy, we move at a pace that is right for me. I have even learned new things about the material in which I have already learned, with his explanation being much clearer and simpler. I value the time I have to simply talk with him about various topics of interest, in addition to learning from a text book. We speak only in German and I find him very easy to understand. He is professional and clearly has an interest in helping his students learn. Don't waste any more time searching for a private German teacher- contact him now!! 

http://khamo.de/index.php/de/

Hello there,  

my name is Regina, I am a German language tutor offering one-to-one online lessons via SKYPE. 

I will have time for one or two more students starting from October.

I am a native German teacher (originally from Munich) with a DAF certificate and more than 10 years teaching experience in German as a Foreign Language. 

I can help you improve your reading, writing & speaking German, pass your exams, learn to communicate in relevant situations quickly and competently.

My English is fluent.

Online lessons might also be interesting for those of you who do a lot of business travel and need more flexibility with times and place. 

I offer a FREE online introduction session, where you can get to know me and we can talk about details, availability, book etc. 

For more information please get in touch with me at deutsch.in.muenchen@gmail.com

Danke und viele Grüße,

Regina

On 5/3/2017, 8:28:17, java10 said:

I wonder how much Skype tutors charge?

Prices in italki vary from 5USDs to 25 USDs, it depends on the length of the lessons and experience of the tutor.

Hello there,  

my name is Regina, I am a German language tutor offering one-to-one online lessons via SKYPE. 

I will have time for one more student starting from mid of January.

I am offering a FREE online introduction session, where you can get to know me and we can talk about details, availability, book etc. 

For more information please get in touch with me at deutsch.in.muenchen@gmail.com

Happy Christmas! :)

Regina

lingolips - GERMAN LESSONS for private and professionals

Do you want to learn German, improve it or prepare for a new field of business?

I offer

- prompt and thorough analysis of your skills

- effective German lessons, perfectly adjusted to your needs and wishes with explanations in English if needed

- exercises to enlarge your vocabulary and range of expressions, strengthen your German and become more self-confident when speaking!

www.lingolips.com

info@lingolips.com
https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/345930-private-german-lessons/

lingolips.jpg.2b59dd7c6ca0e175c51062d655

I want to echo the recommendation for Regina Bender who offers classes via Skype. As a native German speaker she clearly fits the bill in terms of language proficiency and she couples this with a natural skill for teaching, a warm manner and sense of humor. I was her student for 1.5 years while living in Germany and I owe all my language skills In Deutsch to her. The Skype approach is easy and flexible for business travelers like me. Her fees are also extremely reasonable (she should increase her rates in my opinion) and she offers payment by PayPal which is super easy. She can be reached via email at deutsch.in.muenchen@gmail.com.

Hey Everyone, So I was looking for a Private Tutor and sent  Mr. Kharazm Mottaghy a message and also had some one from Germany contact him directly but never heard back from him as of yet. I may need to contact some one else for the one on one tutoring. Maybe Regina will do?

Regarding Kharazm Mottaghy...why is he not training DaF teachers?  He really should be.  But then again, maybe what he does is a gift.  I am so glad I followed the advice on this list and gave him a holler.

I began with him back in April and my German has improved by leaps and bounds.  I had some German back in college, over 30 years ago, so I could still recite Die Lorelei.  Not much help there, although I do recite it beautifully.  I worked in an international school for 5 years, so it was English all day, every day and the promised free German lessons never really materialized.  The VHS classes did not fit with our school schedule.  Grr.  Then a move to Freising and I needed, wanted to get serious about my German.  (I really think moving to foreign countries is something that should be done by people much younger than I am and, if you must, then avoid falling in love and marrying a local man!  Language learning halfway to senility is a nightmare!)  So that's the background.

Kharazm is fantastic!  There were times I cried in our meetings, sometimes in frustration because this language is kicking my butt, but once because he explained something so clearly that had never been explained so clearly before, not in the A2.1 course I managed to take in the other place, not in the Sprach-Activ class in Freising where the man was mostly concerned about my "v" not being "effy" enough (not until I had actually had spit coming out with the sound), nor in college.   We've filled in a lot of gaps.   My German husband says my German has improved a great deal.  I am understanding people a lot more clearly (except when they speak Bayerisch).  I still have a long way to go, but Kharazm is not only is a brilliant language teacher, he has also given me hope.  I actually walk out each week feeling hopeful.  And that's quite an accomplishment.

Starting B1 after the summer break.  There may be some things I never get.  I am closer to 60 than 50 (see? I wasn't far off with that crack about senility!).  But I am functional now and getting better all the time.

Thank you, guys.

(And if you are wondering if a native speaker wouldn't be better, he brings a view from the outside about how German works.  One of my best math teachers was one who struggle with math as a student.)

http://khamo.de/index.php/de/

On 4/25/2005, 5:58:09, jiveman said:

Hello All,

Just came in to recommend a private tutor i found. I've been looking for a long time now for a cheap, friendly, good tutor, and i've found one. If anyone wants German lessons, or knows of someone who's looking, this tutor comes highly recommended. He's friendly, fluent in English and Spanish (He actually gives private lessons in spanish too), and cheap. The classes usually take place at his place, and he is very hispitable and flexible with time. A one hour session costs 15 euros and a two hour session will cost you 25 euros. A very reasonable amount in my mind. Most other private tutors will set you back about 40 euros for two hours. Anyway, anyone who wants, feel free to call him:

Heinz Kurt Löffelbein

089-72655858

0171-7182170

His place is just outside the Harras station, U6.

it's 3 or 4 station from Marienplatz.

Hello all,

It is a great experience to take German lessons with Heinz. I know him since 2014, and I must say that it is a nice experience.

From the gramatical and volcabulary perspective is really perfect, and every time he is adapting to the level of each pupil. 

He is really friendly and he can support you with any topic around the German, for example to prepare an interview, some documents, to fill some formulars, etc. 

I strongly recommend anyone to take classes with him. It´s the same if your level is A1 o C1, go for it. Dont doubt it!!!!

You can contact him by phone: 0152-261 31656 (his new telephone number).

Thanks,

Rolo

Mr. Kharazm Mottaghy is an excellent & fantastic German teacher. I have attended other German courses as well and Mr. Kharazm is one of the best teachers. He is really very friendly & his good sense of humour really keeps one very positive. His guidance really helped me in clearing my exam. I strongly recommend his classes/tution for the people preparing for German exam. 

I agree, working with Kharazam Mottaghy is a wonderful experience. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. Learning a new language as an adult is a daunting task, but he's is extremely patient and kind. The value that I’ve received as a student far exceeds what I’ve experienced in group classes and online tutorials. If you have exams or want to learn at a quick pace, I highly recommend working with Kharazm!

Hello there,

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

I will have time for one more student starting from mid of January.

I am offering one-to-one online German lessons via SKYPE. 

Just get in touch with me at deutsch.in.muenchen@gmail.com for further details & a FREE online introductory session to discuss details/book/your level/availabilities and so on.

Viele Grüße,

Regina