Private tutors for German language learning

98 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I would also like to recommend Mr. Kharazm Mottaghy as a private tutor for everyone who wants to learn a proper German. He is very experienced and will not only teach you this beautiful language but he can also give you very useful information on German culture, art and politics, not to forget local Bavarian peculiarities and dialect. I personally improved my German a lot under his supervision and it was a great pleasure every time we met in class.

Here is his e-mail:

Mr Kharazm Mottaghy

Email: kharazm.mottaghy@t-online.de

Best regards,

Lyuben Lyubenov

I am looking for a private teacher, anyone able to recommend anyone?

Most recommendations are a few years old or by people who only have posted once on TT

Hi all,

It was really hard to search for the right private language teacher when I came to Munich, however I found a great one in Brigitte.

She was very patient, lots of fun, warm, accomodating and an excellent source of information for local goingson.

If you are looking for a teacher I would recommend Brigitte. You can contact her on email: bc.reichl@freenet.de or telephone number: 0177 41 86 132.

good luck, I am sure that she would love to hear from you.

Hi, just moved to Munich (with almost no German!) and would really appreciate up to date recommendations of private german tutors in the Harlaching area. Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I am looking for a ´cheap´German tutor to help me (I am English speaking hoping to learn German).

I am based in Schwabing so anything here or near would be great!

Thanks, Esme

I am also searching for a private tutor to help me learn German.

I am at least A1 level already and I am hoping to get to B1-B2 level in 6 months.

If you offer German lessons, please get in touch, Thanks.

I also recommend Kharazm Mottaghy. Very nice person, excellent teacher, very flexible on hours. I had some classes also on Skype.

Tel: +49-89-260 91 68

Mobil: +49-179-21 77 512

Fax: +49-89-260 22 532

kharazm.mottaghy@t-online.de

Hi,

My name is Ray, I am a native German speaker with a degree in German studies (linguistics & literature), English linguistics as well as German as a foreign language.

I am offering my service as a private German tutor in Munich and the area nearby.

I have teaching experience on the levels from A1 up to C1 and really like working one-on-one by:

- explaining grammar in an easy and understandable way

- looking for interesting and exciting reading material

- helping to gain confidence in speaking by practising dialogues, discussions and pronunciation

If you are interested, just get in touch and we can meet for a coffee just to get to know each other - so you can find out whether I am the type of teacher you were looking for; and I get an first impression of your command of German and the first steps in our private class.

If you are a small group of people that is interested in private classes, get in touch as well an we can discuss the details.

I am looking forward to your messages!

Liebe Grüße,

Ray

german-tutor@gmx.de

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a private German teacher who can teach me once or twice a week, 60 minutes a time. Prefer morning class.

My level is still pretty basic.

The hourly rate is ideally between 20-28/hr, if you are interested, please write to me, thanks!

Hello all,

For those of you interested in learning German I can really recommend Kharazm Mottaghy.

I'm a 25 year old Irish guy and I came here to Germany in September 2013 without a single word of German.

I started taking lessons from Kharazm around the end of November and since then I have gone from a complete novice to somewhere between the B1-B2 level. He is extremely friendly and welcoming, he follows a structured learning plan but also fits in plenty of time for spoken practice. He is particularly good at finding where your holes are and working hard to fill the gaps. He is very reasonably priced, I know this because I tried a few German teachers before settling on him as my only one. He is extremely flexible and will work around your schedule.

So if you are a beginner or are serious about improving your German for work, get in contact with Kharazm.

Here again are his details, you won't regret it.

Tel: +49-89-260 91 68

Fax: +49-89-260 22 532

I've been taking private lessons from Kharazm Mottaghy since September, 2015. Kharazm is a wonderful teacher - very thorough and thoughtful. He is always willing to spend the time and effort to make sure the students truly understand the topic. He teaches at Goetheplatz. I fully recommend him to everyone!

Kharazm Mottaghy

I receive private German lessons from Brigitte C. Richl. She has taught for quite a long time - 25 years, I think. She is a Munich native and has lived in the US in the past. Her English is fantastic and she knows more about English grammar than I do! Her contact info is: 0177 41 86 132 or bc.reichl@freenet.de

Hello,

I'd like to recommend my Private German Teacher. Her name is Claudia Mund, and I've been going to her for the past 4-5 years.

She's great! Not only is she very qualified, but she also has a lot of experience with work vocabulary (I'm an engineer) and German work culture.

She really helped me when I was looking for a job. We went through the 90-second spot, reviewing my resume, how to do phone interviews, etc.

Her knowledge of German and world history/culture is impressive.

She's lived in Australia and France. She's also a linguist, so she also can explain how and where words originated...which really helps remember vocabulary!

If your goal is to pass the A2/B1 up to C2 tests, she's the one to get you there (but, of course...you have to do your homework ;-)

Or if you are only looking to improve your German without tests or interviews, she's great at conversational German as well.

Her contact info is:

Claudia Mund

http://www.panasera.de/deutsch_en/index.htm

info@panasera.de

or:

tel.: 089 - 67 97 319-0

fax: 089 - 67 97 319-3

Hi there, 
I am a German language tutor offering one-to-one ONLINE lessons via skype.
I am a Native German Teacher with a DAF certificate and 10 years teaching experience in German as a Foreign Language. (DAF = German as a Foreign Language)
I can help you improve your reading, writing & speaking German, pass your exams, learn to communicate in relevant situations quickly and competently.
My English is fluent.
I am very patient and look forward to working with you. 
Kind regards,
Regina

For more information & details regarding availability etc. please send me a PM or e-mail me at deutsch.in.muenchen@gmail.com

I am looking for a German tutor and have just been through this thread but most of it is over a year old. Is there anyone that is using a tutor now that could recommend someone. My German is quite basic so I would need to start from scratch.

Many thanks

Deb

The German word for tutoring is Nachhilfe. So online search terms like Nachhilfe, Deutsch al Fremdsprache (foreign language), Einzelpersonen (one-to-one) should be fruitful. Personally, I have used Erste Nachhilfe with success here in Heidelberg.

Hi,

I've tried a few private German tutors here in Frankfurt, and find my current tutor best. She's a trained German teacher, pretty flexible, and has decent rates. What's probably best though is how she conducts the lessons, I've learnt a lot and the lessons are fun and motivating. Anyway just wanted to share my experience, contact details are below:

Dagmar

I would like to highly recommend Regina Bender for private tuition German learning. After being in Munich for over a year and having no luck in being able to improve my German I was fortunate to be introduced to Regina who worked with me to help me speak German on a daily basis. She is mother tongue German speaking, with over 10 years of  teaching experience, speaks fluent English (for the very beginner) and will accommodate her lessons to meet yours learning style and German ability (from A1 / beginner to C2 business professional). Regina uses the same German learning books as used by the Goethe Institut and her teaching of Grammar is  excellent. Her lessons are offered solely on an on-line basis using Skype and she can sometimes be available at lunch time for those with a busy schedule. Please feel free to contact Regina directly with the below email address for any questions you may have:

deutsch.in.muenchen@gmail.com

Ms. Regina Bender

I am just providing an updated thread regarding a private German language teacher. I had tried a couple of the language schools (including Goethe), but found the large classes ineffective and a waste of time. They simply didn't meet my needs for specific, tailored learning given that I already had a good base in German. 

Several people had recommended Kharazm Mottaghy, and it was through the recommendations on Toytown that I contacted Kharazm and have been taking private lessons with him 1-2 times per week since February 2016. He is a very experienced teacher, and is currently writing his own German grammar book. He is also a teacher at the Volkshochschule. Kharazm is flexible with time, and has a good sense of humour. Each lesson is designed to suit your needs as a learner, and he is very good at identifying your weak areas and putting a focus on these to strengthen them and ensure you understand. I also really liked the teaching materials he used as these were easy to follow, and a good balance of reading, listening, speaking and writing exercises.

I highly recommend Kharazm if you need to improve your German - no matter what level your are at. He is very reasonably priced. You can contact him at the below, and check out his references on his website:

Tel:     +49-89-260 91 68
Mobile: +49-179-21 77 512
Email: kharazm.mottaghy@t-online.de
www.khamo.de