Private tutors for German language learning

98 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any good tutors based more in the West of Munich? Laim/Pasing way?

Thank you everyone for the info in this thread. We're out in Tutzing and I am looking for a private German tutor out in this area, Starnberg or Munich. Any additional recommendations would be much appreciated.

thanks

I am a German language tutor offering one-to-one and small-group lessons in Starnberg and surrounding area (Tutzing, Gauting ...). My lessons are focused on enabling the students to communicate in relevant situations quickly and competently. If required, the lessons will help prepare you for Goethe-Institute language competence examinations.

22,50 €per hour - including teaching materials (except workbook and dictionary)

All you need is motivation!

0172-8933322

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a private tutor for German language, preferably in Haidhausen where I live.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help!

We're looking for a German tutor in the Trudering area for my 6-year old boy who is starting Grundschule in the middle of September.

Even better if my wife and 4-year old could join since they could use some German lessons as well.

Anyone available? Or know of someone they've used?

Hey there!

Would anybbody be interested in online classes?

I am a German online tutor, native speaker from Berlin, teaching via Skype, and I prepare my material according to my students' needs and wishes. You can find more information about it on my website: www.german-to-go.com

I would be very happy to hear back from you. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Bis bald,

Juliane

Hello,

I will be in need of private German lessons in Munich starting October 1, 2011. The only time I have available is Tuesday or Wednesday evening, 2 hours a week or so. I need someone who is a qualified German instructor so that I can get a partial reimbursement from my employer for the fees.

I don't have an apartment yet but I'll be working in the Maxvorstadt area and am hoping to live near there.

I'd appreciate any advice or a private message from any German tutors who might be interested.

Thanks very much!

Hello all. I was looking through this post and noticed that a lot of the phone numbers where from 05-07. I feel a little uncomfortable calling them. Does anyone have any newer suggestions on tutors. I am really looking for one on one or small groups also. I appreciate any help from you guys.

Also, I have been looking into the schools in the area. Are any of them better than others. I am looking for someone close to public transportation as I have not bought a car yet. I am available every day at any time. I prefer mornings though. My email is goneeuro02@yahoo.com or you can PM me suggestions on here. I really need to learn the language.

I wanted to recommend my tutor to anyone who is looking for private German instruction. Her name is Susanne Vogel and she lives near Rotkreuzplatz. I've been taking weekly lessons with her for almost a year now, and I can't recommend her enough. I know she's looking for one or two more students, so if you are interested, please send her a message: susanne.vogel@t-online.de.

Feel free to ask me any questions about tutoring, should you have any.

Hello, I was looking for a tutor in the north of Munich, the Freising, Neufahrn area or possibly tutors that can come to your house? Does anyone know of any?

Hello, I do not know of a tutor, but I have the German books that I learned with, and they are quite helpful. I am looking to sell them because they are too heavy and I am moving around too much, and don't really need them anymore. I payed $80 for one and $60 for the other. I also have a very good German-English Dictionary (thick!) that was maybe $30. Make me an offer! I am totally broke, thanks!

Mit Freundlichen Gruessen,

Emilia Gold

+491637671480

emiliagold@gmail.com

I'm going to correct what I just wrote, I realized I should write what the books are and how much they cost me (previous costs were way off).

Hello, I do not know of a tutor, but I have the German books that I learned with, and they are quite helpful. I am looking to sell them because they are too heavy and I am moving around too much, and don't really need them anymore. I payed $130 for Kontakte: A Communicative Approach (Student Edition) and $150 for Kaleidoskop: Kultur, Literatur Und Grammatik, but it doesn't have the CD with it anymore. I also have a very good German-English Dictionary (Collins German Unabridged Dictionary, 7th Edition (Collins Language)) that was around $30 new. All in very good condition.

Make me an offer! I am totally broke, thanks!

Mit Freundlichen Gruessen,

Emilia Gold

+491637671480

emiliagold@gmail.com

Hi, Can anyone reccomend a Private Tutor for Business German near central Munich? I've interviews lined up in May, have completed B2 at Goethe Institut but now need to really focus on business conversation rather than hobbies etc.

Cheers

Hi,

I am looking for an experienced German tutor for my 7 year old son. He used to go to the bilingual school on Lerchenauer Str, but learnt next to no German and as we are going to be in Munich for at least five years it is important that he integrates and speaks German. A Grundschule is being built opposite our flat and it was always our intention to send him there when it opens this September. However, his German has to be up to scratch. So we took him out of the bilingual school and he goes to a Grundschule that does Foerderklassen. But, I think that for him to get into the local Grundschule come September he will need some private tuition too.

Does anyone know of any good, experienced tutors? Ideally with teaching / school experience?

Thanks

Sophia

Hi,

I am currently looking for a private German tutor in Munich as I would really like to improve. At present I am studying an intensive four week course but when I go back to work next week, I'll be unable to attend such a course. Travel is not an issue for me within Munich and I am a Kindergarten teacher so that means I'm finished by 5.30 most days. I have been studying German for nearly a year now and need a boost with my conversational German in particular. If anyone knows of any good German tutors with reasonable rates in Munich, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

K.

I have a fabulous private Deutsch teacher here in Munich that I have been studying with for 2 years. I know several Americans who have used her and we've all been very pleased with her work. She is very professional, prompt, patient and pleasant. My husband and I meet her at our home but I know of others who meet her at the office, cafes or by Skype. She is very understanding of the cultural differences and has been very helpful in our transition to German life. She teaches all levels and adapts to your needs. You may contact her by email at info@mobile-munich.de

Hi there my name is sasha

I'm looking for a private tutor to jumpstart my german. I currently live near graffing and i am in desperate need of a german tutor. I am going to school and they require me to be able to write it, let alone speak and understand it. haha anyways if you can get back to me at sasha.born@hotmail.com that would be very much appreciated but i do work mostly all weekdays so my available time would be sunday? i can meet you in munich but thats the furthest ill go. cheers

Hi there, I am a German language tutor offering one-to-one and small-group lessons in and around Haidhausen & the Munich city center.

I am a Native German Teacher with a DAF certificate and 7 years teaching experience in German as a Foreign Language. (DAF = German as a Foreign Language)

I can help you improve your reading/writing/speaking German, pass your exams, learn to communicate in relevant situations quickly and competently. I speak fluent English.

Lessons can take place in your home or at your place of work.

I am very patient and look forward to working with you. All you need is motivation! :)

Kind regards,

Regina

For more information & details regarding availability etc. please send me a PM or e-mail me at deutsch.muenchen@yahoo.de

Just wanted to update a post from 2004. I have been having private German lessons with Heinz Loffelbein for 18 months now and can highly recommend him as a tutor! He is still based in Harras, is flexible with lesson times, has literature that explains the grammar in English and is generally a really lovely chap! I never thought I'd get to grips with German grammar but with Heinz help I now have a good understanding! His rate is now 25 euros an hour, bargain!

He's also a fluent Spanish speaker!

You can call him on 089 726 558 58 Mobile 0163 9101 650 or e-mail him on lfbn@yahoo.de

Hi All,

As did another member in the thread, I highly recommend Mr. Kharazm Mottaghy for a private tutor in German.

He is already a teacher at the Volkshochschule, and is very experienced and patient (he needs it with me). I do 90mn per week and after a few moments I'm already gearing up for a B1 exam.

By all means, get in contact with him if you are looking for private German lessons in Munich. His details are below:

Mr Kharazm Mottaghy

Mobile: 0179 217 7512

Email: kharazm.mottaghy@t-online.de

Enjoy!!

Best,

Randall Broman