Private tutors for German language learning

97 posts in this topic

problem learning German language

I speak/write perfect English but must learn grammer rules again.

Charles, grammerrulesdonotaspeakermake, repeat a hundred times.

Your post is telling you something.

There are a lot of sources out there to complement a tutor, too.

Good luck, got to fix lunch.

I wanted to second a recommendation given by Jersey Boy on this thread. I contacted his tutor after reading her website. Lisa lives up to her promise of tailoring lessons to your needs and I have just written a testimonial for her since her help was invaluable in preparing me for having a baby in Germany (and beyond).

"Lisa Fuhr is an outstanding instructor; she is able to pinpoint typical errors and work on refining one's spoken and written German in a pleasant yet serious atmosphere.

Personal instruction was beneficial to me both during pregnancy and after with an infant. Firstly, after two months of personalized instruction specifically related to birth and related vocabulary, I was able to attend a birth preparation class entirely in German. Secondly, I was able to take a one month old baby with me to German instruction, which would have been impossible in a regular class. Thanks again for your support, Lisa!"

Her website is http://www.fit-in-german.de/. Viel spass learning german!

I am looking for a german private tutor to teach me german language.

I know few words but cannot put together a good sentence in german.

The price must be reasonable.

Any recommendation will be highly appreciated. I am based in Munich city.

Solara

Topics merged by admin

Hi,

Would anyone out there with a lower intermediate level of German be interested in taking classes in a group of two or three?

I have tried both larger group classes and one to one tuition - neither worked for me. I was able to avoid speaking most of the time in the group lesson and found the individual tuition very intense, especially as I was rushing there directly from work. I äm a native English speaker with a good level of understanding of German but non-existant grammar and am only able to speak in very basic sentences. Want tü focus on oral and grammar. Am interested in 2 evenings per week (Tues & Thurs) 1.5 to 2 hrs classes.

Any takers?

After taking courses through a couple of language schools in Munich (and not being very satisfied), I am looking to find a reasonably priced (and good!) private tutor to meet 2x a month. I have been here for 3 years so my German comprehension is very good and speaking is acceptable. What I need help with is grammar.

Any recommendations or any other small groups with a private tutor out there that I might be able to join? Please let me know...

Topics merged by admin

Hi,

I am looking for a private tutor in German and I would be grateful for any recomendations.

Best Regards,

Jacek

Hi there,

Dialog Sprachschule in Scwabing offer

2 x 2 tuition units per week

for 3 people: 9 weeks 36 tuition units € 420

Level is lower intermediate (not complete beginners but not yet able to have a basic conversation, okay understanding) - focus on spoken language and a little bit of grammar

Tuesdays and Thursday 7.30 to 9pm

Anyone interested in forming a 3 person group??

Please come back to me asap as the classes should start next week

Hello everybody,

I am wanting to take private German lessons and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I have taken German courses for the last 8 months but I would now like one on one lessons. Also, I have a limited budget so the cheaper the better! Thank you for any recommendations!

Topics merged by admin

Has anyone had German lessons? Did they work? Do you have the details of the class or teacher?

I can speak very VERY basic german already, so I dont want to be wasting time in a group saying WHAT IS YOUR NAME etc

I may need private tuition - can anyone reccomend?

Thanks

Topics merged by admin

Hello. As the previous post is two years old, I'm looking for any current private German language tutor recommendations in the Munich (even West Munich) area. Thank you!

Hello,

I'd also really appreciate any recommendations anyone can provide for private German tutors. Any help would be most appreciated!

Hi guys,

Also looking for a private German Tutor. Preferably in Sendling. Would like to focus on speaking.

Cheers,

Ron.

I recommend Dörthe Hieber but she is not in Sendling. She is, however, a one minute walk from Tram 27 and 2 min. from Tram 12 and a couple of buses at Kurfürstenplatz.

0179-7934878

I've been going to her for a few months now.

Looking for a private German language tutor for my daughter (8 yrs old, in 2nd class) who speaks english, norwegian but needs more help in German language. We live close to FFB. Anyone out there that could help would be appreciated.

I found a very nice German lady (ex-school teacher) who now works as an "official" translator (English, Italian and French, I think). Her rates were fair and she is very friendly.

Her teaching style (fairly direct approach) was good for me because I have an attention span of less than 30 seconds! Once we had a couple of sessions/lessons she found a way that worked best to suit my needs (for me, it's repitition, repitition, repitition)!

She is a couple of minutes' walk from Maillingerstraße (two or three stops on the U1 West from the Hauptbahnhof), so pretty central.

Susanne Vogel

089 308 4018

Oh, she also has an "official stamp" for translating documents. I originally found her as I needed my English Wedding Certificate translated. She offers this service too at a very reasonable price.

Good luck!