Private tutors for German language learning

89 posts in this topic

hi,

i'm looking for a private tutor to improve my german. i thought about taking a class at the universität, but it's pretty hard given my office hours, which tend to be a little bit unsusual. i was wondering if anyone here knows anyone, and can tell me something about prices...

cheers,

jiveman

My wife and I have been studying with our tutor for about a year, now. She is very flexible on hours. Unfortunately, I don't know her rates because it is billed directly to my company. Her name is Sabine Fahrenholz and her phone number is 089-7437-2762. I asked her if it was ok if I give out her number. Good luck.

Not a private tutor, but a small school. Give Dialogo Forum a call (089 / 166 950). They do small classes and one on one tutition. Am currently there doing one on one a 90 minutes per week and am very happy with their tutition.

P

Hello All,

Just came in to recommend a private tutor i found. I've been looking for a long time now for a cheap, friendly, good tutor, and i've found one. If anyone wants German lessons, or knows of someone who's looking, this tutor comes highly recommended. He's friendly, fluent in English and Spanish (He actually gives private lessons in spanish too), and cheap. The classes usually take place at his place, and he is very hispitable and flexible with time. A one hour session costs 15 euros and a two hour session will cost you 25 euros. A very reasonable amount in my mind. Most other private tutors will set you back about 40 euros for two hours. Anyway, anyone who wants, feel free to call him:

Heinz Kurt Löffelbein

089-72655858

0171-7182170

His place is just outside the Harras station, U6.

it's 3 or 4 station from Marienplatz.

You can also contact...He's very good

Kharazm Mottaghy

Language Instructor

Tel.: +49-89-2609168

Mobile:0179/2177512

Fax: +49-89-26022532

mailto:Kharazm.Mottaghy@t-online.de

You are living in Munich and your German is still horrible???!!?

-Though then there is not much difference between you and the avarage Bavarian:

Fun- to- be -with German with PhD in English Lit. offers conversational lessons in German

Would charge 15 Euros per hour or 10 Euros per hour and person in a group

Basic, well, some knowledge of German required

Interested? Write to sueddeutsche@gmx.net

Gretel :)

Bavarians also welcome

Would charge 15 Euros per hour or 10 Euros per hour and person in a group

Is this price flexible then? How low will you go, so to say? :)

15 per person for one person

10 per person for two or more !

:) Gretel

Who is looking for a qualified and experienced privat tutor?

Mail me or phone me. We will work out the details.

info-Deutsch@t-online.de

mobil 0172 - 825 86 42

Or you can even skype me at taurus50

See you soon.

I need to find a german tutor to help me with grammer and writing in german. I have an exam in may that I have to do in Scotland, and could really do with someone that has a high level of english as well, because I have to translate german into english and english into german.

Can't seem to find a private tutor anywhere, and I have already emailed ones that are featured on TT. Any ideas anyone? I need one asap.

I already have been to language schools but they concentrate on speaking, and I need specific help in translation. I speak german fine, its just my writing that is not very good.

Any info would be appreciated

:)

Maybe I can help you if you are still searching a tutor.

I am a tri-lingual-assistant, having studied English and French with high focus on translations from German into English/French and vice versa.

Andrea Pousinis, on Niebelungstr.

Gives private tuition at only €20 per full hour...inexpensive, and competent!

089 16 65 86 6

Hi all,

Have been here a few months and am thinking that I need to get this German language 'thang' sorted! :o

I have done the usual things, full time Inlingua et al - how i love those green books - however I am now thinking that I need to strike a better language/life balance.

To that end, does anyone have any recommendation for excellent German tutors - or even good part time courses (3 times a week)?

I have looked at the TT links re German language schools and will follow up some of the good ideas, however any updates on tutors would be happily received.

Thanks!

KEW100

Topics merged by admin

In my experience, nothing beats actual practice!! As the Germans say: "Üben, üben, üben!!!"

Having said that, I have a very GOOD German teacher. She was an instructor at the Goethe Institut for a while, her web site is here:

http://deutsch-sprachkurs.de/

And, yes, I am one of the testimonials. ;)

The most valuable thing for me was that she charges by REAL hours, not these "45 minute" hours that other places charge, and that she will tailor the lessons for what you want to achieve.

JBoy

hi,

I would propose my German teacher, he is really good:) and have very good sense of humour, so if you want have fun and learn something you can contact him:

www.khamo.de

Grüße

pit

Hope this isnt considered hijacking the thread. Just wanted to know personal experiences of those who have had to learn German. I currently am studying German at the Goethe Institute in my country before relocating to Munich. I expect to study it for a year at a basic level. Would i still need to continue with German lessons after i arrive or with the basics i will be able to learn more as i go along?

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hey Joan,

I would say that unless you have native German speakers there to practice with often, you should plan to take more lessons when you arrive. I have been here a year and still have problems sorting out dem, den, die, der, das... Any practice or additional instruction that you get will help.

I would also like to plug a German language tutor that I am using. He bases his classes around the Dreyer & Schmitt "deutschen Grammatik" book. His classes are very dense with lots of practical exercises, but he makes them fun, too. Very flexible - he meets us at our work site.

Michael Pohle

michael.pohle@gmx.com

handy 0178 798 4407

I'm currently shopping around for a private German tutor, and just thought I'd give this a old topic a nudge to see if anyone had any new recommendations to offer.

American here (older and not been to school in over 30 years) having problem learning German language in large integration course classes (Inlingua and Volkshochschule). They go too fast for me and I have no one after class to practice with as they do not speak English, are in 20's mostly and from cultures such as Russia, Turkey, former eastern european countries, etc.

All my friends are German who speak English. They are helpful with homework but do not know grammer rules of either German or English. Same as me. I speak/write perfect English but must learn grammer rules again.

That said, I am interested in hearing from anyone with similar experiences, names of schools with small classes and private tutors. Help?

Charles