Congratulations to Sachin Tendulkar

29 posts in this topic

Tremendous effort from a tremendous man.

I could never get bored of watching this man bat. Pure art.

Just pointed out on TV he now holds the record for must runs in tests & one day internationals and has the most hundreds in tests and one day internationals. Incredible.

And finally the 100 hundreds in international cricket.

Tip of the hat to thee. Time to retire I suspect?

It's been a long time since I had to listen to all-day cricket on BBC Radio 4 Long Wave, but that clip on Radio 4's midday news section reminded me why I would listen to all-day cricket for six hours or more even though I am NOT, definitely NOT interested in cricket. It sounded like a great moment.

..and India lost!!! No one cares there, I reckon! As the great man said afterwards " Enjoy the game and chase your dreams! ". That IS a great philosophy in life!

Enjoy your game, all of you!

Respect, man.

It's been a long time since I had to listen to all-day cricket on BBC Radio 4 Long Wave, but that clip on Radio 4's midday news section reminded me why I would listen to all-day cricket for six hours or more even though I am NOT, definitely NOT interested in cricket. It sounded like a great moment.

The only way to enjoy the game is to listen to TMS on Radio 4 LW. Probably best on a day of mixed weather, lots of pigeons and number 62 busses ... I need to time my next drive home to coincide with a test, nothing better to have on the radio on a 14-hour drive.

I do so miss Johnners

It's just a shame he came along when the rest of the team weren't of such a high quality.

Definitely the best batsman I've ever seen I just wonder why there was so much hype over Lara in the other cricketing nations but Tendulkar never seemed to be appreciated as much there.

You think? He's practically a living God in India.

Dravid was up there. Laxmann on his day. Kumble a great spinner. He's played in possibly India's most talented side ever. However Australia were arguably one of the best two sides of all time during the same period.

Tendulkar was minimalistic movement class, Lara explosive entertainment. Both incredible.

Just glad I also got to see Richards. Though he was caught out for not much with Pringle bowling when I saw him so he can't have been that good. ;-)

I was privileged to watch Tendulkar "nurdle" a 100 in no time whatsoever against England in a washed-out one-dayer at Chester-le-Street: it was pure style, grace and a total surprise. So you saw him push a first single, and no time later you're applauding his ton.

During the course of work, I had the great fortune of shooting (for TV / commercials) with the gods of Indian cricket - Tendulkar, Dravid and a few of the other oldies. And what struck me about them was their humility, simplicity and what was clearly a deep love for the game - minus all the frills. Great cricketers who reaffirm that you can reach the top of your game by being excellent at what you do, always being ready to learn and just being good human beings.

I also shot in later times with some of the younger ones including our current captain. Lets just say less said the better :-)

Gone are the legends whose bat spoke more than their mouths. Pick up any of the super players, they were quite low profile - Sachin, Kumble, Dravid, Kapil, Azhar, Mohinder Amarnath - yeah the list gets debatable but still they focused more on hard work in field rather than on page 3